LegacyGT.com

Tire Pressure Monitor Light

I have a quick question about the TPM Light on my 09 specB - i just swapped over to winter wheels which don't have the TPM sensors, and the light on my dashboard is just going nuts. I'd like to know if there is a way to turn the TPM system off, or at least kill that light.

any ideas?

I just ignore it until I'm at the dealer for scheduled maintenance - they "reset" the system to recognize the other wheels and don't charge for me for it.

Your dealer gets a whole bunch of gold stars for this. I got a low rate for a reset when I took one of our cars in for service, but it wasn't free. And when I took a car in for only the reset, I got taken to the cleaners. HPH

...and the light on my dashboard is just going nuts...

what do you mean going nuts? i put my winter wheels on each season, and DO NOT have TPS in my winter wheels, each time i start the car, the light blinks for about 10 seconds - then just stays on. is that what you mean? i've looked around for simple solution too - either get used to it, or get ready to dig into a dash and pull a bulb... :spin:

what do you mean going nuts? i put my winter wheels on each season, and DO NOT have TPS in my winter wheels, each time i start the car, the light blinks for about 10 seconds - then just stays on. is that what you mean? i've looked around for simple solution too - either get used to it, or get ready to dig into a dash and pull a bulb... :spin:

*Sigh* Yeah. that's the "going nuts" i thought it was blinking constantly, because i was doing a lot of really short trips the other day. Oh well. it's only till about April, right???

^ This is the behavior of my 08, the instant blink then steady-on business.

In my wife's 07, it just blinks sedately and doesn't start that until 5-6 miles of driving. Except it always blinks, which is more distracting than the steady-on. Arrgh! HPH

The stealer rapes you when ever possible which is usually every time you visit that is just how they are they told me it would be $26 to reset the TPMS if they patched a nail hole in my tire to which I laughed literally at the Service adviser.

Sad how quick the stealer will pounce to suck a customer dry :(

Why would they need to reset the TPMS to patch a tire?

You need to find a different dealership. They do charge for resets, to cover their costs (including the rather expensive equipment), but a tire patch doesn't need a TPMS reset unless they break the sensor while taking the tire off/on the rim. And then it's their fault, isn't it? HPH

Archived