LegacyGT.com

Push Unlock Lock Remote

Has anyone noticed, when you park near a newer subaru, your key remote lock doesn't work? If i park at my house it works fine, When i goto school it never works, theres a Red legacy gt, and silver impreza like 4 rows up. and when i click nothing happens. :mad::mad:

I have noticed stuff like this. One of the mechanics at the dealership I go to was talking to another customer about that too, how none of their remotes work on the lot. Mine works fine at my apartment, but when I go to the dealership, I either have to press and hold the button a number of times, or just use the actual key.

I noticed it really bad when I parked near a silver STI going out to dinner a week or two ago... that was the first time I could absolutely not get the remote to work.

Damn wireless technologies and radio interference!

I have to push the unlock button 3 or 4 times usually for it to work at anytime...Yes I've replaced the battery, AND wrapped my head in foil....no difference.

Thats because you drive a Spec B...

The theory is completely different when driving such an ultimate sports vehicle.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I tryed the new battery, tried my spare remote key, nothing i even tried the aluminum foil, nothing. O and i tried bitting the button hoping my teeth will support a signal throut every limb in my body, nothing, anything else i should try?

Has anyone noticed, when you park near a newer subaru, your key remote lock doesn't work? If i park at my house it works fine, When i goto school it never works, theres a Red legacy gt, and silver impreza like 4 rows up. and when i click nothing happens. :mad::mad:

Not a problem for me. My wife has an 08 Impreza, and I've got an 09 LGT.

IDK why but I would swear on my mother's grave, if she was dead, that holding a remote to your head does increase it's range/signal output... My father who at one time was the best stereo/alarm installer in all of Oregon still does it to this day... WTF is with that!?

It is just because you are holding the remote higher than if your arm was at your side. The higher the remote is, the farther the range. Hold your arm up over your head...it gets even better.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaVX10vWlis]YouTube- Open a car with your head[/ame]

Can anyone answer this? In all honesty I believe it simply makes your body the antenna.

Interesting anyways!

Thats because you drive a Spec B...

The theory is completely different when driving such an ultimate sports vehicle.

You have a point.

Maybe if i wrapped the car itself in foil it would help dissipate heat upon re-entry and therefore the keyless entry fluid would be at a more optimal temperature :confused:

You have a point.

Maybe if i wrapped the car itself in foil it would help dissipate heat upon re-entry and therefore the keyless entry fluid would be at a more optimal temperature :confused:

You should probably get a cooler for that. bet you it would help even more on re-entry.

Back of your skull acts like a dish and refocuses the waves back front?

I'm clueless, but it makes sense to me!

Taken from here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/19/technology/personaltech/19basics.html

The trick turns your head into an antenna, says Tim Pozar, a Silicon Valley radio engineer. Mr. Pozar explains, “You are capacitively coupling the fob to your head. With all the fluids in your head it ends up being a nice conductor. Not a great one, but it works.” Using your head can extend the key’s wireless range by a few car lengths.

There's lots of things that can destroy fob signal. You could be getting interference from someone clicking their fob at the exact same instance you are. It could be a radio station that has a frequency that is jamming out your keyfobs frequency. Or there could be some giant metal structures or trucks that are playing around with the signals.

• 1 year later...

I see this is an old thread but it's on topic for me. Today I unlocked my car with my remote, drove a short drive to work, and upon arrival the remote was nonfunctional. I replaced the battery (to rule that out) at lunch, and tried again before leaving work with no success. I unlocked the car manually, drove home and when I got out of the car I was once again able to use the remote just fine. I'm almost tempted to drive back to the office just to see if I can replicate the effect.

There have been some really helpful :rolleyes: suggestions in this thread so far, but I'm still wondering what is going on here. Presumably it's either some kind of gremlin with the electronics, or some kind of radio interference near my office (lasting all day).

Anyone with a similar experience, or any thoughts on the matter?

• 1 month later...

Archived