LegacyGT.com

Springs for Spec B

I have been on pinks almost since I got my B. The drop is subtle, and the ride is more stiff, but not at all uncomfortable. I can not speak to the wangan springs, I also have not heard about them before.

IIRC, if you do go with the pinks, there is a specific set designed to work with the bilstien struts, those would be the best ones to get.

Teh Wangans are real rare. They build springs specific to the differnt models etc, much like Pinks.

www.wangan-spl.com

www.japauto-products.com

The Wangans give 25mm drop front and 10mm at the rear, based on the JDM BL5 GT.

I know about the specific Pinks, i think teh STi numbers ST2033021010 and ST2038021000 are teh best suited as this the USDM Spec B has teh same struts as teh JDM GT. I have been told to stay clear of teh JDM Spec B Springs.

I have been on pinks almost since I got my B. The drop is subtle, and the ride is more stiff, but not at all uncomfortable. I can not speak to the wangan springs, I also have not heard about them before.

IIRC, if you do go with the pinks, there is a specific set designed to work with the bilstien struts, those would be the best ones to get.

All pinks are designed for bilstein struts

I could be wrong, but that was not my understanding. http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=572121&postcount=55

That's incorrect. I believe that post was trying to note that there are LGT and Spec B pinks, but both JDM LGTs and Spec Bs came with Bilsteins. See unclemat's JDM FAQ for details:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61108

Finse, which Pinks did you go with? do you have pictures?

I don't seem to have the part numbers anymore, I will keep looking around. But I am pretty sure I have the ones designed specifically for my bilstiens. Per Unclemats FAQ, it would lead me to believe I am running the pinks for JDM GT Rev.C. I will keep looking to see if I can find my original invoice for the springs. I will try and get some pictures up for you a little later today or tomorrow at the latest.

JDM GT Rev.C

This is the current JDM GT and JDM 3.0R setup, present on Rev.D cars as well. Also used on 2006-2007 USDM SpecB (not sure about 2008 yet). These are noticeably softer than any other revisions. Give nice and controlled and oscillation free ride, but they are more on the comfort than performance side. There were complaints that these do not handle stiffer springs (Pinks) very well and feel bit underdampened. I can believe this as in certain high speed situations these did not feel as secure as other revisions.

Part numbers: 20310AG400 (front right), 20310AG410 (front left), 20365AG260 (rear)

thanks for teh pics Finse. Do you think the stance evened out or are you still looking lower in teh rear compared to the front?

I am very happy with the performance and looks. I have had this setup since march 06, and have no plans to change it :)

Archived