LegacyGT.com

New guy with a story.

Dwil

New Central Jersey owner saying what's up. I've been surfing around on here for a while cause I've always liked the Legacy's and in September I was able to pick one up to replace my 00 Maxima. 08 Quartz Silver 2.5iSE (bought with 37k mi)

Happy with the car so far, not as quick as the Max but still fun to drive. Thanks to the posts/pics I've seen on here, I've done a few cheap mods already: 35% tint all around, yellow high beams/DRLs, 5k HIDs, and the famed D.I.Y Home Depot lip :) (hey you really can't beat it for the $).

So a few weeks after taking it home I realized there was a hum coming from the front of the car, felt like a cell phone was vibrating in the floorboard, but it was very subtle and only detectable above 45mph. After researching on this site I figured wheel bearing, but I'm no tech and I haven't really seen the wheel bearing problems on the 08s. So off to the dealer. They told me my fluids looked bad and I needed the 30k mile service done. $600 bucks later the hum is still there. I take it back, have a tech ride with me, and he says "It may just be road noise, or it could be that aftermarket front lip thing vibrating at speed." (I know, I held in a laugh.) They kept the car 6 days, then finally after taking a second drive with a DIFFERENT tech, the car was diagnosed and fixed.

Problem? Left front wheel bearing bad, they replaced both front wheel bearings under warranty.

So not I'm back enjoying the car, all is smooth now. Glad I got that out of the way!

Anyway, happy to be a new Legacy owner, I'll see yas around.

B.T.W this is my daily driver. My toy is an 06 GTO.

Too bad you didn't come to us for the 30k, would have saved you about 1/2 of what they charged your for and probably we would have done more.

Glad to see you on the board!

My 05 LGT wagon is my daily winter driver and track car, my 05 CTS-V is my summer daily and track car as well! :)

Come by and hang out sometime if you are anywhere near Kenilworth, we can shoot the breeze about subies and GMs! :) (I don't know much about modding GMs so you can help me out there!)

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs

E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com

723 Fairfield Ave (Right Rear)

Kenilworth, NJ

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Welcome! What dealer did you go to?

Somerset

Too bad you didn't come to us for the 30k, would have saved you about 1/2 of what they charged your for and probably we would have done more.

Glad to see you on the board!

My 05 LGT wagon is my daily winter driver and track car, my 05 CTS-V is my summer daily and track car as well! :)

Come by and hang out sometime if you are anywhere near Kenilworth, we can shoot the breeze about subies and GMs! :) (I don't know much about modding GMs so you can help me out there!)

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs

E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com

723 Fairfield Ave (Right Rear)

Kenilworth, NJ

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Now I know for the future. I'm up there every now and then when I go to Cartek so I may just take you up on that.

welcome and congrats. pics of leggy and GTO!!

Havn't taken respectable shots of the Legacy yet. Here's the Goat:

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/dwil_photos/Blazen%20Orange/IMG_3219-1.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183/dwil_photos/Blazen%20Orange/IMG_1511-1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

That is a good looking GTO- I love the color and stance.

Ghost flames are the only acceptable flames, in my opinion.

hey man, i just picked up an '07 2.5i Coming from an '02 Maxima, 3.5L, 6 speed. The subie is definitely way slower but seems to be a more solid and quality car.

2002 maxima is for sale if anyone is interested. on coilovers, pm me for details!!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I go to lots of shows and cruises in the area with the car, so if ya's see it, come say hi. The GTO's now in hibernation for the winter. Glad I have the Legacy now cause it the snow's coming early this year. The Max was fun but it sucked in the snow.

Archived