LegacyGT.com

2004 r32

Don't worry my friend is an idiot, he loves to brag. Its funny he brags about his used stuff how its the top of the line and how much is cost msrp back in the day. He even braged when he bought a kia GSX back in 04' , LOL. The only one in MA to have power windows and locks. I'll be laughing when his clutch fry's or engine blows when he's trying to show it off. All I know is i didn't have travel over 6hrs from MA to get a car, and mine was purchased new with a warranty :)

4Motion is primarily FWD = less drivetrain loss. More power to the wheels to pull it forward.

240hp and 230trq, 3400lbs isn't all that scary whethers its fwd or AWD or AWD with a FWD bias system. I have seen a few run at the track, most are 14.3-15.1 cars and i have seen trap speeds of 90mph-97mph. If it were a 09 wrx i wouldnt be scared at all. A 05-09 stock lgt would be a decent race, with the edge to the lgt for sure.

Yeah, but can the Leggy really beat some Farfuggnuughen? It's a great car... we like our Leggy's better... and your "friend" needs to meet the motorcycle psycho from one of today's earlier posts for "blah..blah blah R32this and blah blah blah R32 that". I say just sweep the leg just sweep the leg.

I don't know alot about the R32 but I have seen one that was running with Audi S4 out on the track and even pulling away in a few places but when the straight away came the S4 would say good bye. There weren't any Subarus on the track, sadly

Too many people here don't have a clue about these cars and are spouting off nonsense.

The VW R32 is a very potent track car, people bla bla bla about why didn't you buy an STi, why didn't you buy an EVO or a MS6???

The R32 isn't supposed to be compared to those cars, just because it puts power to the ground via 4 wheels doesn't mean it's supposed to compete. They produced 5,000 R32's... people buy them because they don't feel like a bin liner inside, the VR6 is one of the SWEETEST exhaust notes ever and the fit and finish is nice. Sure it doesn't have a snail, and sure it isn't going to break the sound barrier but it's not supposed to.

People buy R32's because they wanted more exclusivity, something not seen everywhere. People buy R32's because maybe they have a passion for german cars, or just Audi/VW kind of like the NASIOC Nazis feel about their Subarus, shunning anything else that doesn't have a boxer 4 or isn't AWD...

Will the R32 give you a run for your money? Depends on what application... and if you are the same driver skill

-Drag race: stock for stock it will be a drivers race, if youre a Cobb S2 car, you win as long as youre not a moron

-Auto X: R32 hands down, LGT, WRX and even STi's are understeery little bastards. The R32 is a much better for this

-Road course: stock for stock or even Cobb S2 vs a stock R32, the R32 is the better car for this as well.

Will he whoop on you like he says he will? Anyone with his attitude probably can't drive for shit, nor does it matter because well... he sounds like a tool. His car is nice, I love R32's but I bet you he will destroy it pretty quickly with 6k clutch dumps and attempted dry pavement burnouts...

Moral of the story:

R32's = love em

R32's in your friends hands = tragic...

Aren't you the same guy asking for advice on what car to buy under $2000?

Because I asked for some opinions about a good beater to buy that discredits my knowledge about cars. I guess because I'm not too tuned in with the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier and 1991 Toyota Corolla I must not know anything. Wow, lets add you to the giant list of...

Yeah, use your imagination to finish the rest of it.

I might have kept my Jetta if I could have swapped in a R32 drivetrain. They do sound nice!

FWIW I had read a review of the R32/STi/EVO. The R32 was the slowest, but it was noted to be the most comfortable and have the best interior.

Tell your friend to check out VF Engineering. They make some nice kits and will put some Ooomph to that VW.

Guest heightsgtltd
Because I asked for some opinions about a good beater to buy that discredits my knowledge about cars. I guess because I'm not too tuned in with the 1996 Chevrolet Cavalier and 1991 Toyota Corolla I must not know anything. Wow, lets add you to the giant list of...

Yeah, use your imagination to finish the rest of it.

oooh burn :lol:

and I believe you started about 5 threads all on that same topic :lol:

oooh burn :lol:

and I believe you started about 5 threads all on that same topic :lol:

Well I just checked the list of my started threads and well:

One of them was,

What would you suggest for a car under $6,000?

and the other was

WTB: Car for $7,000...

Yeaaa you're a tool. Go back to ridin dirty in your EL GEE TEE yo.

Archived