LegacyGT.com

My new wheels

boostsr20

So monday I hit a pot hole and trashed one of the Stockers. Tuesday I ordered these from Tirerack. This morning I put them on. So far the Grip is unbelievable compared to the Stockers. Road noise is definately increased at lower speeds, but these actually seem quieter than Stock on the highways. Odd. I do notice small bumps slightly more but not by much. The steering response is insane compared to the RE92. Very tight. These weighed in at 31.5Lbs total. So thats 11lbs per corner less than the stocks. You can definately tell the difference too.

Kosei K1-TS 18x7.5 Kumho 225/40/18.

http://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/boostsr20/DSC01607.JPGhttp://pluto.imagemagician.com/images/boostsr20/DSC01608.JPG

I vote...

HOT!

Now for tint and lowering... Btw, why dont you get the blockers for the headlights too in yellow? That would be the shiznitz!

You got my attention, good work! Who ever said gold is nasty is just ignorant to JDM YO!

Keefe

Keefe

Looks great. But 31.5 pounds sounds way too light. Just going with the weights listed by Tirerack for those wheels and tires you're at about 38 lbs which sounds more reasonable. Still a nice, light setup though.

<snip> These weighed in at 31.5Lbs total. So thats 11lbs per corner less than the stocks. <snip>

Kosei K1-TS 18x7.5 Kumho 225/40/18.

not to doubt you but are you sure about the weight. I'm thinking one tire weighs about 22 - 24 lbs so the wheel can't be 9 lbs. :confused:

edit: oops just noticed someone else above me posted the same thing about your weight.

My forged Volk's were heavier than that (40.5 lbs with S0-3s). Any chance you measured the stock wheel/tire combo on the same scale? That would 'calibrate' your 31.5 lb figure. If stock was truly 42lbs on the same scale, then you will have us all scratching our heads. My P1's with Kumho ASX weigh 44lbs in the same size.

Car looks sweet!! :D

My SSRs at 17x7.5 are 12.5 lbs + Falken Azenis 225/45/17 (RT-215) are 25 lbs.. which comes out to 37.5 lbs-ish.. (the corner balance scales said it was 38 lbs). Double check the weight.. I know the Kosei's are light, but not THAT light.

Oh yea, I JUST NOTICED you have Kumho Ecsta 711!!! Be careful as they are like RE92s in the dry (and worse than RE92s in the wet).. if I knew you were going with a package deal, i would have told you to add a few more dollars and get 712s instead.

Edit: Kumho 711 tires are pretty light (I remember doing research on them before when I was looking at the tire package on a set of Gram lights + Kumho 711s).. almost as light as a set of Toyo T1-S.. so I wouldnt doubt the entire rim and tire package weigh in at 32 lbs.. (a Toyo T1-S at 225/40/18 is around 21 lbs).

Keefe

Keefe

kill3r l00k mang....its hawt @$$ ish right here.....great taste on the rims.....good look on the car

so does that mean the old ones (3) are for sale?? can i call dibs on 1..i scuffed one of mine at a drive-thru......as punishment i've stopped going to drive thru's :(

I'm not sure if I am going to fix the one and use them for winter wheels, or if I am going to sell them individually. They have about 6K miles on them. Throw me an offer for 1 and include your zip code so I can check shipping and I'll try to decide.

Archived