LegacyGT.com

Engine swap questions

tedsan126

Wat do you guys think is the best platform 2.5 or 2.0

Depends on how much power you plan on getting out of it. Are you going to leave it N/A? Do you want to get some bad-ass cams? How much money do you have to put into this swap? What's wrong the EJ22 you currently have?

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

The ej22 runs fine its just not powerful enough. I want to just have an engine I can put all of my money into haha. I plan on puttin around 5 or six grand into it over a year or two. And in the mean time im just gonna drive around my 2.2 cause i got intake exhaust headers etc.. in it and its pretty fun to drive around. With the engine I buy I want to get a lot of power out of it, bad ass cams, powerful turbo, and much internal work.

Oh. If you're going to go turbo, you'll need either an EJ22T or a WRX engine (I'd recommend the EJ257 STi engine. ;) .) You certainly don't want to push a bunch of boost into an EJ22 or EJ25 as they're open-decks and will blow a piston wall quicker than you can say Scoober!

Sure looks like a screaming deal. What I'm assuming is that there is a reserve that needs to be met. So, the bidder is hoping to get a lot more than just the $500. But, if you've got cash, I would certainly bid on it and see if you can get it for cheap!

Archived