LegacyGT.com

Just installed my PINKS.

kmfuse87

Oh My. I heard all the hustle and bustle about pinks, so I stumbled on a pair for not that much money. Then installed them tonight. Took it for a test drive and....

they blew my socks off. What a nice smooth ride when taking it nice an easy. Although when you are looking for response, they respond. The car stays planted through corners. Much more responsive through 60 and 70, then handles like a dream at 100+. Not that i would know :rolleyes:.

I am running wagon 5MT pinks on spec B stock struts. If you can find yourself a set, pick them up. You wont be disappointed.

i cut the bump stop, but after thinking about it i dont really know if it is necessary. it's soft rubber, i dont see how it would be causing any roughness. seems like it is there to compress before it hits the top of the strut. but i'm not sure. i've never ridden in one with it not cut so i dont know the difference. i still hit the bump stop on occasion i think...

this is a bump stop cut in half. it was cut at the part that is against the tube.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_j_o5shsPsEQ/Sge4ZLYcrcI/AAAAAAAABQc/QCtWIR1pJpA/s800/IMG_0005.jpg

I'm sure the spings probably haven't fully settled yet but how much of a drop did you get with the pinks so far? (The second picture is kind of blurry)

Yea crappy cell phone pic. I think i got about a 1" drop in the front and .5 in the rears. Its tough to tell because I also switched out to my 17"s which run my snow tires. I will have some more pictures up after this weekend when its a bit warmer and not so crappy out.

I run Konis and Pinks with Group N mounts in the front on my Wagon and they are great from street stock ride up to full on HPDE Events. I'm actually moving up to coilovers next year and am looking to sell my setup as a complete set, possibly swap for a Spec B suspension for winter if anyone is interested.

-mike

Archived