LegacyGT.com

Yet Another Gripe Thread

- auto climate control sucks - blows...

Well, which is it???? :D Nah, not gonna go where that leads.

How Ironic.... A thread started to consolidate gripes gets filled with three pages of everyone saying "I love this car..."

I just sit back and laugh, and look forward to buying myself a legacy some day. This forum is great. No wonder i read it so often, even before buying the car.

It seems a few people take gripes, complaints, negative observations, whatever, personally, like if somebody says there is something that could have been better then they are implying that you purchased an inferior vehicle and so they are challenging your manhood.

Would you feel better if from now on all "gripes" were all labeled as "suggested improvement to help Subaru achive its goal of having the Legacy be considered entry level luxury"?

Yes, these things get repeated, but some of the deficiencies that were brought out resulted in solutions being offered in these forums, and also allow those that have not yet purchased to check out these things to see if they are significant to them.

I did test drive a few times before I bought, but realistically you don't have time to really focus on all the minutiae as you are just getting used to a new vehicle and taking in the overall feel of the car during these short spins. For example, can you really tell if the car will be comfortable during a 6 hour drive by sitting in it for 15 minutes?

If the dealer had let me take the car home for a week then yes some of the little things that detract from the vehicle would have started to become apparent. But these few little things would certainly have not disuaded me from purchasing the Legacy either.

It just seems that some of the things we notice should have also be quite apparent to Subaru during their engineering and development. Certainly all cars are a compromise in some way, but some no-cost or very low cost changes would have helped Subaru in increasing the overall luxury feel of the vehicle. I miss some of the features that my 7 year old Pontiac had like aux power staying on until a door is opened, auto headlights, and switchable driver or dual control of temperature for example.

And yes, I do love my new LGT. No regrets whatsoever.

accesorys suck - where is the dam: cat back:grill that dosn't look like a chrysler:optional wheels: optional brakes:ipod input

aftermarket prices- dam 240 for brake lines 500 for springs

the future sucks- 2006 may have a 6 speed and more power damit!

the 2000MY really sucked.

the 2005MY is a lot better, it is a subaru... it will always have quirky features that you either enjOY or they get the best of you !

18K, 120 smooth as can be today.,.. I like this sucky car !

People have previously griped that the:

- Paint, aka Exterior, sucks - chips easily

- Interior sucks - cheap material

- Frameless Windows suck - flimsy

- Door Thud sucks - not like BMW

- Remote Fob sucks - too sensitive

- Tires suck - sub-par winter performance

- Brakes suck - too much fade

- Transmission sucks - stinky, notchy

- Seats suck - uncomfortable

- Gas Mileage sucks - 14mpg

- Stereo sucks - not McIntosh

- Rearend sucks - looks like a Camry

- Frontend sucks - looks like an Altima

- Rattles suck - annoying

- Accelerator pedal sucks - too sensitive, not proportional

- Seats heating sucks - too hot, WEIRD

- Mirrors suck - whistle, warped

- Carpet sucks - slide around

- Carpet hook sucks - breaks off

- Steering wheel sucks - doesn't telescope

- Rear spoiler sucks - obstructs rearview

- Suspension sucks - too much roll

- Wipers suck - whistle

- Roof sucks - allows water to drip inside

- Exhaust sucks - not loud enough

- Engine sucks - stutters

- Daytime Running Lights suck - makes you forget to turn on night lights, :lol:decreases mileage:lol: Ok I made that up

- Handling sucks - IT SUCKS

- 1/4 times suck - too slow

- Breakin period sucks - can't drive it like you stole it

- Headlight suck - not HID

- Auto-Climate Control sucks - not user friendly

- HVAC sucks - proprietery face plate

- Dealer sucks - not mod friendly

- Trunk lid sucks - doesn't pop out, have to lift it up

- Hood sucks - doesn't stay up on its own

- Fog lights suck - uh oh THEY SUCK

If you've got a gripe with something else, post your rant, and please don't start a new thread.

Mods please make it a sticky.

<sarcasm>

Coming soon:

- AWD sucks - understeer

</sarcasm>

EDIT: I'm just compiling a list of all the gripes I've come across so that people would stop creating new threads. I love the car and I pity the fool who gripes.

..go buy yourself an Audi - any Audi. as a liberated, x-audi owner, i assure you that owning an Audi will give new meaning to all of the above rants, ..and many, many more! c'mon, i dare you.

Archived