LegacyGT.com

Outside Temperature Alarm?

Look at his location. Not everyone uses Fahrenheit to measure temperature.

Most people on earth don't. It's an idiotic scale conceived by a dude with a constant fever anyway...

The problem with putting words onto the display, is that they have to make a different one for each county they sell the car in. If they can use symbols, then it's only a case of printing the owners manual different.

but then youll have people from the south who never seen a snowflake symbol :lol:

:spin:initially the Celsius system was derived backwards, meaning 0 degrees was boiling, and 100 was freezing.

...The more you know...

True. But at least there was someone who fixed it. Didn't happen with Fahrenheit...

Reminds me of the first time I was driving through Northern Washington state. I was listening to what was apparently a Canadian radio station (although I didn't know it at the time), and when the weather report came on, they said it was going to be a balmy 34 degrees. I was like 'WTF, these people up here are crazy. That's cold as hell where I come from'...

I laughed, but you're just going to confuse "Black GT" with an anecdote like that.:lol:

He'll be up all night trying to wrap his head around it.

Lol this guy is so funny.... I lived in Italy for 4 years btw, and am well aware of celsius vs fahrenheit differences. But since the thread was opened up on a Fahrenheit measurement, I kept it that way. Now only if my car would display 273K when its freezing outside...

I dont know if any of you live in the hartford ct area.. but I think on Monday or Tuesday it was 37 or 38 when I left for work at 6am and like someone said before it was the bridges that there were fenderbenders all over.

• 1 year later...

i have 08, same exact issue - 37 degree warning on dash and audio. for the last 2 winter seasons, it has bothered me a little, but it's starting to get annoying finally, so i'd like to de-program it.

i was stoked to find a thread about it, however, now i am NOT so stoked as this thread is 3 pages long with most everyone making jokes and arguing about what is the freezing point, and what measurement to use to talk about temp... great.

has anybody found out how to de-program the alarm? if so i would love to be part of that conversation. thanks in advance!

Archived