LegacyGT.com

2006 Color Choices

Any word on this? I'd LOVE to see a forest green color choice, as well as a different color red (something similar to san remo). The red that's out there now is just a bit too bland in person. I was sold on it until I saw it in person. It's just not that stunning.

I was wondering if anyone had heard any news or rumors!

Garret

I wouldn't mind seeing either a forest green or a dark gray. Interesting comment about the red, as my experience is exactly the opposite of Gomer1's. I didn't think much of the red till I saw it in person under the sun, which brought out all the metal flake in the paint, which looked really good IMO. Good enough to purchase.

I too am going nuts waiting for any news of new colors. I've determined I need to wait for the 2006 to see just what it has to offer.....plus I'll be in a better position to afford it.

Things like this help me to keep waiting. Right now I'm not all that happy with any of the currently offered colors. Even though it's been 3 years since I owned a black car, and black is my favorite.......I'm still suffering from the post traumatic stress trauma of trying to keep 2 black cars in tip top shape at once. Ahhhh, maybe someday I'll be able to again own a black car without crying when I notice I can see chips or scratches in the paint from 6 feet away no matter what I do.

I really want my first red car, but Garnet Red just isn't working for me. It's just a little too orange. It'll still be my first choice in color if nothing changes for 2006, but here's hoping they come out with a truer deep red color.

Oh, and since I'm sure Santa is listening........along with a better red........if a 6 speed, HID, Nav, no stink clutch, decent tires, and one touch power up/power down windows also came, I wouldn't complain one iota.:D

Bah! Too many GRP non-believers in this thread! Reasons I went with it:

1)not too dark, not too light. Atlantic Blue is the only other color of the same intensity.

2)only offered on the GT

3)Sets a nice contrast to the wheels, chrome, plastic and trim versus the silver (wheels) and black (trim)

4)Easier to keep clean than the darker colors, yet looks better polished and waxed versus the lighter colors.

The one thing I don't like is that the tailights are too close in color, and it is magnified on the wagon.

I've always been a fan of German colors. A nice forest green metallic, something you might see on a British roadster would look good, especially with a taupe interior.

-B

come on everyone....don't piss on the Garnet Red buyers/owners here. everyone is entitled to take pride in their choice. maybe other shades of red are your cup of tea. just let the GRP folks be happy with it.

even if Regal Blue is the best choice!

come on everyone....don't piss on the Garnet Red buyers/owners here. everyone is entitled to take pride in their choice. maybe other shades of red are your cup of tea. just let the GRP folks be happy with it.

even if Regal Blue is the best choice!

Nobody's pissing on anything. I didn't say it was a terrible color - and it's still a great car. It's just not my preference. Someone could say the same about my silver RS.

Archived