LegacyGT.com

Q: about spec.b stock wheel and brembo big brakes

HarryZ

How is it that the JDM wheels that are on Waxiboy's OBXT can clear Brembos, but 06/07 Spec B wheels won't? They are both same spec are they not?

JDM Enkei's = 18x7.5 +55

06/07 spec B = 18x7.5 +55 as seen on the wheel stamp in Waxiboy's thread here ---> http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115851

those are the rears in the pics. i would imagine he had a matching set in the fronts but im not sure. does anyone know if they clear the 3.0r stock wheels

Nevermind.....I went back and looked at the Waxiboy's old for sale thread again. The picture of the 18x7.5 +55 offset is actually a shot of the back of his new JDM Enkei wheels. I misread Waxiboy's text on top of his picture.

Also, I picked up a mint set of 06 Spec B wheels tonight from a local Spec B owner and saw for myself that the wheels are 18x7 +55.

• 6 months later...
Nevermind.....I went back and looked at the Waxiboy's old for sale thread again. The picture of the 18x7.5 +55 offset is actually a shot of the back of his new JDM Enkei wheels. I misread Waxiboy's text on top of his picture.

Also, I picked up a mint set of 06 Spec B wheels tonight from a local Spec B owner and saw for myself that the wheels are 18x7 +55.

am i reading this right the 06/07 spec b wheels have a +55 offset? Wouldn't that mean it will clear brembos. If that's not the right offset for these wheels, does anyone know what the correct offset is?

• 5 months later...

Ok, I'm seriously thinking about running spacers. It looks like wheels with a +48 offset will clear the Brembos, so am I right in thinking that I need at least a 7mm spacer for my +55 stockers to work?

I assume I won't find a 7 or 8mm spacer so I'll probably use a 10mm.

Can anyone confirm that this will work?

it might work but then you run the risk of hub damage. you can read about it in the wheel sticky thread. in the long run it might be cheaper just to get a new set of wheels.

the wildwood bbk used to be advertised as to fit in the spec b wheels but the only fit in the 06-07 wheels not the 08-09.

Archived