LegacyGT.com

Now THIS is a cop car

Guest *Jedimaster*
Wow- that was right out if front of me- the license plate that is- at first I was looking at the taillights, thinking that it was an 03 (and thus not USDM) STi.

The cop cars where I grew up were actually Broncos and they all had a 75 shot of nitrous on them. 'Run' wasn't in the vocabulary of most of the people around. The last thing you need is a bronco rocketing up your tailpipe. :lol: My mother's husband is an ER doctor and he tried convincing the hospital to convert his WRX into an ambulance. Not one that takes people back to the hospital, but rather one that gets him and the essentials he needs to the scene of an accident in short order. They determined, after seeing his list of wants, that it would be cheaper just to buy him another vehicle instead. lol He was that close to having a rex like that one up there though.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

There is no WRX STi cop car in CO (guess where I live), but I have heard the cops in Vail, CO drive the WRX wagons.

Um, no... there is a STi State Patrol car that they use as part of their Street Racing Prevention Unit. The car is mostly used for PR, but it has been used to bust street races in Denver Metro.

In other news: El Paso County (Colorado Springs) uses a black GTP with extremely dark tinted windows to help combat aggressive driving and street racing. The car can usually be found patrolling Powers Blvd. and the officer that drives it has spoken with me at length about how ricers/street racers pull up next to him and solicit him to race because they can't see him and his instruments inside the cockpit.

There is no WRX STi cop car in CO (guess where I live), but I have heard the cops in Vail, CO drive the WRX wagons.
looks like there is 1. how do you know there are none for sure? i think the vail vehicle is saab, i could be wrong. i live in CA, but i couldn't tell you all the vehicles CHPs use.

the image is much more convincing :) .. that and what i'd like to believe anyhow :lol:

In other news: El Paso County (Colorado Springs) uses a black GTP with extremely dark tinted windows to help combat aggressive driving and street racing. The car can usually be found patrolling Powers Blvd. and the officer that drives it has spoken with me at length about how ricers/street racers pull up next to him and solicit him to race because they can't see him and his instruments inside the cockpit.

Makes me glad unmarked cars are illegal in GA. Only a clearly marked law enforcement vehicle can perform a traffic stop here.

So, when the body on that STi interceptor gets crunched by stopping some crazed street-racer, is he gonna drop that motor into a Legacy GT, tune it up to about 340hp, (or just tune the LGT motor to that level) and have a killer Legacy squad car?

That would be awesome. A black and silver legacy with LED light bars at the inside top of the windsheild and back window, and strobes in the headlights and tail lights, and a weapons locker in the trunk. Sounds good to me!

Makes me glad unmarked cars are illegal in GA. Only a clearly marked law enforcement vehicle can perform a traffic stop here.

Don't worry about it...They have undercover cars that follow you, videotape you and then call in the official squad cars that perform a traffic stiop and find you with a hooker and high on crack with enough spare to qualify as intention to sell. Guess who's going to jail then for DUI, DWI, Solicitation of Prostitution and Intention to market a controlled substance? You bro...the firm non-believer in unmarked squad cars...

I've seen the STi cruiser about a year ago on the net. That's one tough car to outrun...

So, a Colorado State Trooper just stopped by my store and I asked him about this STi.

According to him: the car is now retired to PR use only. It was used to patrol popular street race locations, but it was never used to actually apprehend (a shame really, cause it would make one fine pursuit vehicle).

Also in the CSP Public Relations stable: a Lamborghini Diablo (PR use only... trailer queen) and a H1 Hummer (also PR use only, however, they actually do drive it to the location).

The trooper stated that the STi was the only car out of the three that was actually purchased by the department... the other 2 were confiscated.

Archived