LegacyGT.com

Saturn is dead... GM decides to kill the brand

Scion's sales have been in the crapper even before the recession took it's toll. Scion has been on a downward spiral for the last 2 years at least. Yeah, awesome success.

It hit another older demographic... one that would be just as easily served by the Toyota brand.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the difference is that the Xb went to 50+ people with no need for the sporty car, but rather a car where they can load their grandchildren and a flock of dogs and still have a car that's cheap as hell to drive compared to a SUV with similar capacity.

In a way - the Scion Xb seems to attract about the same kind of people that the Renault 4 was attracting during the 60's and 70's.

453747.png

Scion's sales have been in the crapper even before the recession took it's toll. Scion has been on a downward spiral for the last 2 years at least. Yeah, awesome success.

It hit another older demographic... one that would be just as easily served by the Toyota brand.

Oh, right, because Scion's sales were in the shitter while everyone else's numbers took off. I forgot about that. I will agree that after the first however many years it's been, the whole lineup needs a revamp but they still sell. The only reason I really give a damn, though, is because I work for Toyota and selling one means they'll be getting the accessories and parts they want from me.;)

GM used to be a good company... what happened???

Oh, yeah... trucks and bad management...

Their heavy duty pickups are about the only good thing they make, it is everything else that is the problem.:lol:

yeah I know!!! those 2 cars were the direction GM should have been going in!

The G8 is turning into the chevy Biscayne now! WTF!?!??!?!

And if they had marketed the new GTO's as Trans-Am's, they could've sold 4 billion of those!

even the G6 coupe had a lot of promise!

But NO, GM had to be dumb!

Even French cars in Europe has a better reputation these days than Opel or other GM brands.

And when you see cars in a parking lot it's a few year old Opel and Ford that looks crappiest. Of course - it may depend on the owners. Or it's caused by a design that gets old too fast. A design that's very sexy and innovative the first year will get old a lot faster than a subtle design (Subaru, Toyota) or a design that's considered boring. (Volvo, Audi). I think that Italians are some kind of exception here, since they are able to in some way produce a design that's both sexy and classic at the same time.

And a long living history and reputation of bad quality doesn't help either. Prone to rust, falling apart, consistent problems with a specific items year after year or by a way too obvious design flaw.

453747.png

Archived