LegacyGT.com

Saturn is dead... GM decides to kill the brand

What's wrong with Scion? I see all 3 models all over the place here I thought they were doing well.

Considering that dealers still can't hardly keep the little cars in stock tends to tell me they have been fairly successful.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Point is that Scion was a marketing disaster and did nothing to get younger buyers into the showroom. A brand needs a clear focus and Scion missed the mark by about 30 years in their demograhic numbers, that is pretty bad. Most Scion buyers would have been happy in a Toyota branded alternative so the Scion brand itself is a huge waste of money.

Point is that Scion was a marketing disaster and did nothing to get younger buyers into the showroom. A brand needs a clear focus and Scion missed the mark by about 30 years in their demograhic numbers, that is pretty bad. Most Scion buyers would have been happy in a Toyota branded alternative so the Scion brand itself is a huge waste of money.

Your logic contradicts what is actually seen here.....maybe its just me though.

Guest heightsgtltd

The scion, esp. the TC but also other models are almost exclusively for younger crowd.

Sounds like this is like when Shrinermonkey told everyone that he had insider info that Trueblood was cancelled before the first season was over

:lol:

The scion, esp. the TC but also other models are almost exclusively for younger crowd.

Sounds like this is like when Shrinermonkey told everyone that he had insider info that Trueblood was cancelled before the first season was over

:lol:

I never said that. I said the director quit and then the head writer (who I know personally) quit after the first few episodes.

Yeah Scions are supposedly "for" the younger crowd, but are sold in huge numbers to older crowds. That is a branding failure.

There is plenty of evidence out there that shows Scion buyers are getting older but I am not going to hold your hand. You are all big boys and can google it yourselves.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13746_7-10005873-48.html

Guest heightsgtltd

Hold our hands :lol:

Oh goody an article from 2008 :unamused:

and PS, when did Alan Ball leave trueblood? :munch:

A friend of mine WAS the executive story editor for True Blood. WAS is the key word... the show is a mess and he left when Alan Ball did.

Guest heightsgtltd
No I don't know as much as you oh great one, but I do know that Alan Ball didn't leave the show which is what you stated as evidenced by the post above :)

Look at the disaster Toyota had when they created the third brand of Scion.

Uh, what? It was a cheap car to make that sold amazingly well and still continues to sell well. Maybe not toward the intended target but another target group loves them.

^^this :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's like saying that blackberrys were a tremendous failure

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I heard that Alan Ball drives a scion

:lol::lol: oh man he's just a disaster waiting to happen then huh/

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Scion missed it's targeted audience yes but it hit hard on another demographic. Marketing failure, yes. Sales failure, far from it. And in the end, which one matters more? Would you rather sell 2 Xb's a month to 19 year old's or 25 a month to 50+ year olds?

your bicycle goes in reverse pretty often huh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Archived