LegacyGT.com

Which tires to get?

I ran Goodyear Eagle GTs on my wife 03 Jetta that was lowered on 18" wheels.

The car was wrecked with about 12k miles on the tires, but in the time we had the tires I really liked them. We bought them when we lived in Oregon, had them siped when installed. We moved to Kentucky, drove through Idaho, Utah and Wyoming through heavy snow/wind. These tires had awesome grip on dry roads, wet roads (no hydroplaning), snow covered roads, etc. They worked great in cold temps (had them down to about 10 degrees) and hot. The ride was smooth and quiet for low profile tires too, though roads here are horrible, especially some of the freeways. The Jetta was too low for the roads and bottomed out quite a bit here but we never had any tire problems. I want to get another set of these for the LGT this winter.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+GT

I have Eagle F1 All Seasons on my car, and they're truly impressive. They don't give up much to summer tires in the dry, but really come into their own in snow or heavy rain. These are the first all season tires I've used that are good in the snow. They are noisier than many other tires, but that will be true of anything carrying a M&S rating. My previous tires were P0 Nero M&S, and the F1 is a huge improvement.

I have Eagle F1 All Seasons on my car, and they're truly impressive. They don't give up much to summer tires in the dry, but really come into their own in snow or heavy rain. These are the first all season tires I've used that are good in the snow. They are noisier than many other tires, but that will be true of anything carrying a M&S rating. My previous tires were P0 Nero M&S, and the F1 is a huge improvement.

There's a 'silent recall' on those tires, see my thread-

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114238&highlight=silent+recall

It's a shame they cup/feather so easily, which is what eventually causes obscene amounts of road noise. Otherwise the grip is pretty good.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I replaced the OEM Bridgestones with the Toyo Proxes 4 and they totally sucked. They rode hard and tracked like crap. At 20k they were chewed up all to hell to the point where the car was barely driveable. I just got a set of Conti Extreme Contact's and love them - quiet, smooth and very grippy.

Archived