LegacyGT.com

Will these JDM healights work

outbacksrt8

Just got the JDM headlights today. Would you happen to have those pics or what I need to wire them up?

Most definitely. I'll provide two sets of pictures. One from the '97 and the other from the '99 in case, for whatever reason, they're not the same (I don't remember.) However, keep in mind that the '99 is wired 100% correct. Meaning that I wired the city lights correctly. The '97 is wired to not use the city lights and instead uses the turn signals/corner bulbs as the city lights.

I'll upload the pictures as soon as I get home.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can hook it up either way you wish. I installed the lights on my '99 so I wired everything normally. Whoever wired my '97 kept the city lights out of the setup for whatever reason. Choice is yours.

Yes. Sorry. Although, I wasn't able to get pics of the sedan, I do have pics of '97 though (which should be of more help anyhow.) I'll upload them shortly. I'm at work now so I'll have to be sneaky and connect my camera and everything. :)

Nice! Sorry I didn't upload the pictures. I can't seem to locate my camera for some reason. :( I took the pictures and now it's missing! Probably floating around somewhere in my garage. Maybe I'll be able to do some cleaning this weekend and find it. ;)

The city lights should come on AS the parking lights. Onc turn on the light switch should be city lights, second turn should be headlights and city lights. Turn signal/corner lights should be off unless you've engaged the turn signal.

hey guys

i'm looking to do a JDM plain headlight (H4) to JDM projector swap myself and am looking for tips... the H4 versions are shite!! a writeup on wiring or pics would be great or a redirection to a site that has a writeup already would be better...

cheers

You might wanna go to SL-i.net to get more Legacy specfic information(JDM headlight writeups, suspension setups)

Sharkster, didnt you read the thread? See^^ it was already stated where too find i write up. I went there and searched JDM headlights and got countless rightups w/ pics.

BTW gents, i have a set of these for sale, in good condition too. $180 for them, and $80 shipping.

With the wiring, it's just 4 wires per headlight just like stock. The only thing you need to do is ground yellow. That will make it so the low beams stay on when the highbeams are put on (that's how they are supposed to work). If you just plug them in, the low beam turns off when the high beam goes on, cause that's how dual filament bulbs work. Then there's the RHD beam cutoff issue, but that doesn't bother most, and you can adjust a bit of it out anyway.

My lights come with the plugs too btw.

Are yours yellowed at all? How did you wire the city light up, wat is it hooked into? Mine only come on with the headlights and I want them to come on as parking lights? If you could tell me what wires its wired into that would be great!!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay. I FINALLY got my damn how-to posted here for the JDM to USDM cut-off plate conversion along with a blackout. The thread is located here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127120

So, please convert your light pattern if you haven't already done so!

Archived