LegacyGT.com

So I'm pissed...

coldradio1

So I just bought my GT and my first plan was to simply debadge the rear emblems. Figured it would be a nice easy project to take 10 mins out of my day. But then I looked at that stupid dealer logo that many dealers stick on the back of cars. Then I realized that wasn't "stuck" on there with goo. Its riveted to the back of the car. WTF?! I don't want "Shortline Subaru" on the back of my car. I didn't buy the car from them, nor do I live in Denver CO. So what do you guys suggest on getting that thing off?

Bring it back to where you bought it from, ask for a new rear piece with no riveted logo. Or to split the cost..or something??

Though, you should know that debadging does not take 10 min. Not if you want it to come out right. There will be a shadow of the badges left that needs to be cleaned/polished to get rid of. And depending on the weather and where you do the work it can be rather difficult to get the badges to come off cleanly and take all the double sided tape with them. Take your time...

Are you sure it is riveted on or is it a plate designed to look like it is riveted on? I can't believe any dealer would expend the manpower to drill two holes, insert rivets and pop them on when they could just remove the backing and stick on a plate (crooked of course).
It is still ugly.

The dealers out here ask you before putting their logo on the car (at least the two we bought our 09's from). They do the tag frame instead. I have no dealer markings on my car, nor does my wife. Good show.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Bring it back to where you bought it from, ask for a new rear piece with no riveted logo. Or to split the cost..or something??

Though, you should know that debadging does not take 10 min. Not if you want it to come out right. There will be a shadow of the badges left that needs to be cleaned/polished to get rid of. And depending on the weather and where you do the work it can be rather difficult to get the badges to come off cleanly and take all the double sided tape with them. Take your time...

I bought it private party. I'll figure something out.

I've debadged a few cars and it really only takes 10 mins. Only one of the cars had the shadows and it took about 30 secs to get rid of. All you need is a hot day and/or a hairdryer.

As for whether or not it is rivited, it definitely is. If it wasn't raining like a mofo, I'd go take a pic of it.

:mad: Wow that sucks, I agree, definitely take the car back to that dealer, I wouldn't let that slide. No clue what they will say. That should be some type of vandalism or something :confused:. I'm not sure if thats legit, but its worth a shot. I hope it works out for you. I got mine used with absolutely no dealership ads on it, not even license plate frames. I look down upon people that leave stuff like that on their car....OWNED! Not in your case though cuz you can't just remove the tag in a few minutes.

Archived