LegacyGT.com

Tokico HTS vs Koni vs Bilstien vs non coilovers

madcatz

The Swift springs are meant for the JDM car. USDM stock dampers will not work well with the Swift springs. You need at least Bilsteins. The USDM KYB struts are valved too soft for springs designed for JDM cars.

Check Swifts website. It tells the story.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope, sure doesnt. Dan from MachV told me from day one that the Swift springs favor a firm setting, so I turned all of the struts all the way to firm and then counted 3 turns back on each, since then I have made one more turn in the firm direction, they have been perfect. I travel quite a bit, and I can honestly say I have never felt them bottom out.

Thanks for the chime in with the answer I was looking for.......

M sprank what you say makes a lot of sense and backs up what JSK05LGT and Dan from MachV says.

I have Swifts already so that narrows it down for me to Tokico HTS, Billstien or KW.......:rolleyes:

Glad I checked into this thread!!

I ran my Tokico/Swift set up in NYC for an entire winter. Four turns out from full hard. No bottom outs and it handled the crap roads just fine. Now in Cali I have them at 3 turns out from full hard and the wife drives the car as her daily driver. She has yet to complain.

I ran my Tokico/Swift set up in NYC for an entire winter. Four turns out from full hard. No bottom outs and it handled the crap roads just fine. Now in Cali I have them at 3 turns out from full hard and the wife drives the car as her daily driver. She has yet to complain.

NICE.....I'm liking this. :)

Best set up I could put together for less than $1000.

Tokico HTS

Swift Springs

3/8" Saggy Butt Shims

SpecB Front Top Hats

All for $981 delivered.

Oh, and for an extra $200 I bought a lifetime alignment with lifetime balance and rotation from Firestone. Have had the car aligned, balanced and rotated every 5000 miles. Plus its good nationwide (used it in NY, NJ, and CA so far). Worth every cent and highly recommended for all cars.

^Yes. Got them from rock auto. Cost me like $6 for 6 of them (got extras just in case). They are Geo Metro wheel studs, 10mm. Just long enough for the spacer and my eBay rear strut bar. Nuts holding on to studs with threads just flush to top of studs.

Cheap and easy. Hit the stock studs with a hammer and they fall right out. Push the new studs in by hand and used the nut to pull them all the way through. They are splined just like factory so they won't spin when you tighten the nut.

pics of my car for reference.

http://www.icedpc.com/08 005.jpg

http://www.icedpc.com/08 013.jpg

I was unhappy with the rake of the suspension from the factory. So I used the spacers to give me the look I wanted. Gap is about 2 fingers all the way around. Car is actually raked to the front if you put a level on the chassis.

RacingBrake. Front is BBK, rear is stock caliper with larger mounting bracket and rotor is same diameter as front. The red front calipers match my red HTS struts and red Swift springs. Should have painted the rear caliper and bracket red too.

• 4 years later...

Archived