LegacyGT.com

GH Legacy HG question

EDIT: thread title should be BH Legacy not GH

hey guys,

i've been a member on nasioc for a long time but i've never really posted on these boards... not sure if this should go in older legacy or not. anyway, heres my question.

I'm selling my 04 wrx wagon and want to get a 00-04 legacy wagon. I would prefer teh GT but i will get an L, not a big deal. I've heard a lot about how the headgaskets are know to go. The majority of hte cars that are in my price range have 80-110K on them. Is this something that i should be REALLY carefull of? I mean, is it a ticking time bomb or what? Are the L's more reliable than the GTs? IDK, im really interested in gettin one of these and i dont know much about them so any information would be helpful. I'm a college student and i dont have a lot of money, so i want to make sure i take all the right precautions before i buy a car. Thank you!!

00-04 BE/BH all had the same 2.5L engine. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) I believe they all were prone to an external coolant leak from the head gaskets. It's drivable, you just have to top off a lot if they blow. The older Legacies would develop an internal coolant leak into the oil/cylinders, which would not be a good idea to drive on.

^^^

Really??:eek: man, I thought they would be a little more reliable than that. I would love to keep my wrx but im a college student and cant afford to keep it. I need to put my money in other places, so a cheaper car is a must. I love the legacys styling and i would only get a wagon, its too bad about the HG. Im not really sure what im going to do... i cant afford a newer legacy, i would like an older RS but i want a wagon!

Archived