LegacyGT.com

New ELH Header on the Market

integroid

http://www.tspmotorsports.com/images/elh/tspelh.JPG

These headers will be available in the next few days by one of the vendors on here. Looks like the other 3-bolt headers on the market but that is where the comparison stops.

1. These are MADE IN THE USA. Yes folks, you heard right...these are being produced in the good ole USA.

2. The TSPmotorsports ELH headers uses SUS321 Stainless Steel vs SUS304 Stainless Steel. 321 has titanium in it which gives it more material strength at higher temperatures. Read more about 321 here

3. The header kit comes with the header, up pipe, 5 SS Studs, and a 4 piece Grimspeed OEM Style gasket set (2 Head to Manifold, 1 manifold to up, 1 up to turbo).

4.The Up Pipe has a built in Velocity Stack.

5. Optional Ceramic Coating in various colors (2 week turn around time)

I am sure there is more that I cannot think of right now. Please let me know if you ahve any questions.

I can say that these are BEAUTIFUL. I ran into integroid the other day and got to take a look at these. Excellent weld quality, and the collector finishing and diffuser section in the collector is seriously high quality. Go local atlanta.

Bump for integroid.

these look exactly like my gt=spec EL hedders, andi bet they are made in the same factory too just like the maddad and a couple other brands. Same headders, different brand stamps.

GTSPEC, Maddad, Vibrant, are all made over seas. These are made in the USA and have a made in the USA sticker on the box. Plus the other companies use 304 SS and these are made out of 321 SS. I do agree the designs are very similar but I gurantee these are NOT made by the same company as the other 3 bolt EL Headers.

These are made in the USA and have a made in the USA sticker on the box. .

If not, you could always try the "authentic american made in china" technique.

;)

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc93/atc5photos/brunswickmadeinamerichina.jpg

If not, you could always try the "authentic american made in china" technique.

;)

Why is it so hard to believe these are made in the USA and are not coming fromt he same factory as everyone else?

This is the sticker on every sample I have received shipped from the manufacturer in the Southeast.

http://www.totalspeedperformance.com/pics/usa.jpg

ball park on pricing? coating options?

I canot post any prices since I am not a vendor on LegacyGT but they will be priced VERY competitively with the other 3 bolt EL Headers on the Market. The coating option will be a ceramic coating that will be available in black, blue, silver, and a shiny chrome look for an additional cost. Remember folks, 321 tubing does cost more than 304 plus you are getting a full grimspeed gasket set....with that said,t hese will still be cheaper than the competitors header.

GTSPEC, Maddad, Vibrant, are all made over seas. These are made in the USA and have a made in the USA sticker on the box. Plus the other companies use 304 SS and these are made out of 321 SS. I do agree the designs are very similar but I gurantee these are NOT made by the same company as the other 3 bolt EL Headers.

ok, the steel is different if they are made of 321ss, but the design, weld points, velocity stack UP design, and expansion joint location are EXACTLY the same as the gtpsec EL headders. I bet they just took the design and made it out of different metal in a US factory then.

ok, the steel is different if they are made of 321ss, but the design, weld points, velocity stack UP design, and expansion joint location are EXACTLY the same as the gtpsec EL headders. I bet they just took the design and made it out of different metal in a US factory then.

You are correct...I will never disagree with you there and that is pretty much what I stated in my first post. You get a proven design that is improved a bit, made in the USA, and sold for less than everyone else. I don't see why that would be a problem for anyone?

This thread is why I'm glad I went to business school, and glad I picked up a thing or two about aftermarket parts manufacturing.

I have a Perrin ELH sitting on my lap as I write this. The only differences aside from the 3-bolt flange are that the slip joints are in a slightly different place, and the bend before the UP flange bows out a little wider. Well a couple welds are in slightly different places too. I assume I'm like the 50th person to think this though. I guess that's where GT Spec got their design.

Alright, now for the fun:

One thing I retained from business law is that "Made In USA" is a relative term.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-MADE-IN-THE-USA-Stickers-Labels-with-American-Flag_W0QQitemZ370211551297QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item563253f841&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

What I know to be absolute fact is this: Even if the welding is done in the USA (I'm not speculating whether it is or isn't), where is the 321 steel from? That stuff is very expensive. It needs to be mandrel bent to exact specifications. The machinery to do this is absurdly expensive and not terrible common in the USA. Additionally, the flanges need to be made of 321 to be considered "real quality." Cutting or making them is expensive. I am not speculating as to what the flanges or piping is made from or how or where various stages of production were/will be performed.

What I do know is this: If you order 321 in the USA, you will most likely get real 321. It is very expensive. If you order 321 from China, it is VERY UNLIKELY that you will get true 321 steel. The Chinese just don't have that undaunting respect for fine quality material specifications that Americans do. Americans are obsessed with purity and precision. The Chinese just don't care. If you order 321 or any high quality steel from China, it will most likely be some diluted allow made by the lowest bidder. It will say 321 on the invoice, whatever. There is no alloy grading system in China, except maybe something on paper that no one abides by. I doubt a small US fab company has the slightest clue how to get good materials from China, unless they have the excellent fortune of knowing someone. Even major global corporations have the same issue of quality from China! I am not suggesting that this specific 321 is or is not sourced from China. I am just providing honest, reliable information to the forum.

Maybe the mfgr bought their 321 pipes from a US supplier (most likely scenario). Where did the supplier get the 321 from?

And for the other obvious part: re-branding aka re-badging is the easy explanation for a lot of things, in which case it's a GT Spec (a copy of a Perrin in my lap), which raises a lot of other questions, such as how is it 321?

Now I have made no judgment as to how this is made, where it is made, what it is made from, what % of production value added is performed in the USA (which would determine whether it legally qualifies as Made In USA), what quality it is, etc. I was simply shocked at this thread or rather the lack of a thread. I will neither gain or lose anything here. I have nothing but a respect for you all that motivates me to spend time sharing what I know with you, just as you have with me.

People will obsess to the ends of the earth about oil, but they will blindly nod their heads at a new header, thinking it is immune from the rules of business. I don't even care what the answers are. I just want you guys to get what you pay for. Hopefully you all will.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

note that a lot of the parts come from Taiwan and that doesn't mean the same thing as China (with respect to quality of goods)

yup, Hong Kong too (NOT PART OF CHINA for all the nationalists out there) not to be forgotten, India a little now, hell even nice scrap from North Korea (easy when your GDP is based primarily off of recycling and re-manufacturing weapons)... :lol:

Edit: I buy a lot from Hong Kong, and it says a lot about the POTENTIAL of the region. But potential is just that.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived