LegacyGT.com

GO subaru arapahoe warranty and a small mod question

bama16

i'm takin my subie to go for some warranty work....like the oil feed and couple other things. one thing is the dash..it tends to squeek sometimes when the asphalt isn't perfect, i do have swift springs on it and was wondering if they would give me a hard time for it. i talked to the guy i bought it from and he said it shouldn't matter but was wondering if anyone had any past experience with that?

That's funny, I've had the exact opposite experience with the Arapahoe dealership. I used to take my STI there with several mods, and they didn't bug me about it at all (although I never had warranty work done, so maybe not the best comparison). I took my Legacy there when I was having the driver door handle issues, and they replaced the entire handle assembly without being able to reproduce the issue, which I was very happy about.

About the only thing I'm unhappy with them about is that they refused to deal with me when I was trying to trade in the STI - they "love the car, but we can't work any deals"... however, the GO dealership in Golden did just fine working out plenty of deals for me... oh well.

No experience with GO East (in Arapahoe) but I've had some warranty items with GO West (Golden) like Squiden. I had to replace my factory nav unit twice. They gave me no issues with my extensive mod list on the Legacy. I would go to the Golden location first if you have doubt about Arapahoe,

That's funny, I've had the exact opposite experience with the Arapahoe dealership. I used to take my STI there with several mods, and they didn't bug me about it at all (although I never had warranty work done, so maybe not the best comparison). I took my Legacy there when I was having the driver door handle issues, and they replaced the entire handle assembly without being able to reproduce the issue, which I was very happy about.

About the only thing I'm unhappy with them about is that they refused to deal with me when I was trying to trade in the STI - they "love the car, but we can't work any deals"... however, the GO dealership in Golden did just fine working out plenty of deals for me... oh well.

i asked about the coming apart...they didn't have any more...i was getting a rattle...like a heatshield. it was on the decel and went away when you accelerate. it didn't dump oil, wasn't seals or bearings....they said it wasn't boosting fully...about all i could get out of it.

that's what i am thinking...i wanna see the turbo...pieces of turbo in the motor would be no good!

Yes, sir. It wouldn't be good. Can you listen to it as you give it gas to narrow down where the noise is coming from?

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

not at all...it went away as you accelerate...and rattled on the decel...it sounded just like a heat shield rattle....car should be ready tomorrow...you had to be driving next to a curb or cars on both sides so the noise bounced off....they said the compressor had somehow come loose....

+1

Unlike yours eekay. You ever get anything figured out on a swap?

Haha. True. I think I'm gonna go with an EJ257 6MT swap. I've spoken to a few people about it and from what I'm hearing I can get it done for a decent price. And my BG wagon went crazy on me today on my way to work. Clutch is acting up. Can't tell if it's a cylinder or what. Clutch felt great though and now it's extremely difficult to get it in and out of gear. It also doesn't seem to engage all the way and the clutch petal is having a difficult time coming back up after I've pressed it down. :spin: All kinds of fun headed my way! ;)

well...car went back to the dealer...pulled up to a stop light today and there was smoke coming out of every crack in the hood and the scoop....there was oil running down the up pipe......they gave me a 2010 3.6 outback....pretty nice car...theyll call monday and let me know whats goin on.

yeah...called me today...the whole reason i took it in was for the recall on the oil feed for the turbo, they had some cracking causing oil loss and for that rattle which ended up being a bad turbo...well 10 days later they replaced the turbo.next day im losing oil and it's the oil feed deal...i would have thought they would have done the whole thing while it was apart.

Haha. They must have forgot, huh? As long as it's all still covered under warranty, whatever. But, there still lies the hassle of you having to pick up/drop off your car every week. :(

Archived