LegacyGT.com

2005 BMW M3 for 30,000 or less, 38,000 miles... worth it?

My car is coming up on 36,000... has a rebuilt motor and I would be selling it as soon as I can.

BBV suggests $20,000 for my car, even with the new motor, as nothing else is damaged, and the car is well taken care of maintenance wise.

I happened to come across someone selling a gunmetal grey M3 for 30,000 or best offer, and was wondering why they depreciate so much, 38,000 on the BMW. From what I heard, it's a really powerful car that can take it and dish it out. 2 door coupe.

Anyone able to shed some light?

Oh, the M3 has the 'performance / competition' package on it.

Don't buy it if you're gonna mod it then bitch when BMW won't warranty anything.;)

Really? how is this constructive information about the car?

I'd be adding an Eisenmann exhaust, most likely, the GT version for the sound. And go get it tuned at a speed shop.

Jesus you guys around here are like mod nazis, god forbid someone desire something other than stock on their vehicle.

People have the right to complain about being misled. If you modify your body with a tattoo, and you go to the doctors because you don't feel right afterwords, and he just glances at it and says "you're fine, it's completely normal" and sends you home, only to come down with Hepatitis C and tetanus an necrophobic e-coli, I think you'd bitch the doctor out for lying to you. Regardless of the risks of getting a tat.

Please stop dragging that one thread into all my other ones.

Really? how is this constructive information about the car?

I'd be adding an Eisenmann exhaust, most likely, the GT version for the sound. And go get it tuned at a speed shop.

Jesus you guys around here are like mod nazis, god forbid someone desire something other than stock on their vehicle.

People have the right to complain about being misled. If you modify your body with a tattoo, and you go to the doctors because you don't feel right afterwords, and he just glances at it and says "you're fine, it's completely normal" and sends you home, only to come down with Hepatitis C and tetanus an necrophobic e-coli, I think you'd bitch the doctor out for lying to you. Regardless of the risks of getting a tat.

Please stop dragging that one thread into all my other ones.

Panties all in a twist today? :lol:

It seems to me that pretty much any dealership will try to avoid spending money that they don't have to. So if they can point the finger and say that the new part you installed outside of the dealership is causing the whole car to work (regardless of whether or not it's the problem) they will.

Outside of a Saturn dealer I've never dealt with any warranty work, so my comment is only based on assumptions, but for those who have dealt with them, does that sound correct?

I used to be a bimmer fan, coming from an e36 M3, and dreamed of the e46. When I discovered the LGT, it's potential (with mods), and the price, there was no looking back. Why spend 10k+ more on a car when you can spend $2k to make your LGT faster & handle better than an M3?

If you're set on the M3, which is also a great car and probly picks up more chicks, $30k does seem high. They go for mid to high 20's here in Cali.

Nice car, I'd slap on an axle-back exhaust and stay stock otherwise. Why beg for more problems? It's already a quick car.

. . . if it's not fast enough, look for an unmolested early 2000's Corvette.

You can get a c5 z06 for just under 30k these days. but it has no back seat if that matters to the OP.

Archived