LegacyGT.com

TSB: Torque Converter for AT Transmissions

BigInALegacy

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had the same problem with my 08' LGT. The lights went off on my dash and my SI drive defaulted to sport mode. I went to the dealer while i was upstate at school and they read the codes off to me and told me it was the torque converter. I had about a 160 mile ride home the next day and the guy at the dealer said I would be ok getting home but I should bring my car to a dealer asap. He cleared the computer and as Im driving home the next day the same thing happens only this time the AT oil temp light came on as well.

When I finally got home, I checked my oil and in that 160 miles the car burned off almost half a quart of oil. So I made an appointment with the dealer and brought it in monday. They take my car in and pull the codes off and clear the computer. After three days of driving around they claim they cant get the codes to come on again and tell me the problem has resolved itself. I tell them as politely as possible that that's bullst. So I say fine I need my car back. I'll drive it around and as soon as the lights come back I'll return it to you.

So a half hour after I leave the dealer I'm driving and the car completely breaks down on me. Im pretty livid to say the least. I coast the car to a parking lot. I call the dealer and the next day and they pick it up. Now I'm getting an entire new transmission on the house courtesy of my warranty :lol:.

Moral of the story, research everything before you go to the dealer because there is a good chance you know more than the dealer. And if your LGT is still under warranty and you're experiencing any tranny problems, call your dealer and get it looked at asap. I know this was a long post but that was my frustrating experience regarding the same issue. Oh and the dealer completely disregarded the fact that I had strong knowledge of the TSB on the torque converter.

Archived