LegacyGT.com

TSB: Torque Converter for AT Transmissions

BigInALegacy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm going in tomorow morning at 10:00am for the second time. First time they just test drove the car and confirmed it was the tranny, and not misfiring(what they thought at 1st), they said they were gonna scan my ecu, I thought crap they gonna see my reflash. Once as the tech confirmed it was the tranny he wrote down to check the tranny and scan just the TCU. Hopefully everything geos well tomorow

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PeteAWD
I am not aware of any mechanical modification from a 2005 EAT to a 2009 EAT from the factory. Anyone? i.e. when someone says "is my 2006 affected", I would think "yes" if an 08' 0r 09' was.

Well, that was surprisingly easy.

4EAT with TC shudder, going from 2-3 and 3-4. Reproducible problem. After the first drive, the tech came back saying "Oh, thats normal TC lockup". :lol: It literally sounds like the car is being driven over a set of interstate rumple strips, and it shakes the entire car.

He took a second drive with my wife, came back saying the same thing and was ready to send her on her way. I had a little chat with him, mentioned the car has NEVER done this before, mentioned the TSB, and he said he "would see what he could do".

5 minutes ago, he called back to let me know the TC was on order and would be replaced under warranty. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Does anyone know the most up to date TCU reflash ID is? So that I can go back to the dealership and ask if mine is 'really' up to date... supposedly the reflash re-learning procedure gets rid of the grindings/punching 2nd to 3rd gear transition. altho i wish they could just get me a new TC. might end up going to biginalegacy's dealership for that since his dealership already dealt with his. :lol:

Unfortunately I was not present when the reflash took place and apparently it is difficult to get a readout from the TCM. I did, however, get a part number for the latest software update for the TCM:

Transmission Software Part Number (as of 12-07-09): #30919AA525

I also just had my torque converter replaced. It seems good so far. Very smooth shifts and no shuddering.

Discussion here

Heres an update for some of the guys asking about my IPT torque converter upgrade, I'm still down here in Portland getting it installed because IPT told me they would ship out last Thursday, but did'not ship it until this Tuesday when it was supposed to arrive. So $500 more for hotel and food for an extra 3 days stay here, this torque converter better be worth it!!

Not to sure about high rpm because of breaking in my new block, but low rpm it feels like there is gobs of torque and the car accelerates way faster all the way up to 4000rpm.(500 more miles till im done breaking in the block)

Archived