LegacyGT.com

Perrin PSRS Review

integroid

I finally got around to installing my Perrin PSRS tonight. I have Whiteline 22MM F&R sway bars, Perrin End Links, Megan Coil overs right now. I was amazed at how well the car steers and handles now. I have never felt comfortable pusshing my car where the tires start to squeal. After the install, I felt so confident on the steering, I was squealing them in every turn. It was a huge difference for me. You turn the wheel and it goes the direction you pont. The bad part is that I can feel every bump, rough pavement, line in the road now. It doesn't bother me but I am sure it would bother some on this board.

Install was pretty straightforwad. It took me about an hour to install both sides. I borrowed my neighbors 20 ton press which made pressing the bushings out cake.

If you have the time and means of installing, Iw ould highly recommend it. Seriously folks, it is 6 bolts to get teh LCA off. You can buy a 12 ton press for close to $100.

Well, I've never really seen anybody have the bushing walking out, except for one thread where improper installation was the issue. I guess AVO just did it for extra insurance.

There's a recent thread that the Whitelines failed though. Whiteline seems to have a lot of recalls with their products.

Yeah, teh Perrin's are harsh but the difference it makes in handling is worth it IMHO. The superpro/AVO/Whitelens are all junk.....thereis no way they can keep the bushing from walking without a solid mount.

so you've driven a subaru with either the superpro/AVO/Whitelines?

The reason, i'm asking is that i have the AVO's and they seem pretty good, but if you say the perrins are that much better, i might consider them

so you've driven a subaru with either the superpro/AVO/Whitelines?

The reason, i'm asking is that i have the AVO's and they seem pretty good, but if you say the perrins are that much better, i might consider them

No sorry, I haven't actually driven a car with the AVO's. I am sure it would make a differnece but don't know if it would worth the time and effort to swap out since you already have the AVO's. I would say if they are not walking, then I would leave them alone until you have a failure.

After a few days with these on, I can now say they are very harsh. You can feel every line, paint spot, rut, bug, on the road. They do make the car feel completely different as far as handling goes, but the price is lack of comfort. I think the solid bearings will be too much for most on the boards.

• 1 year later...
After a few days with these on, I can now say they are very harsh. You can feel every line, paint spot, rut, bug, on the road. They do make the car feel completely different as far as handling goes, but the price is lack of comfort. I think the solid bearings will be too much for most on the boards.

What else are you running for suspension? I was thinking of doing the PSRS LCA bushings, my car already rides fairly harsh on the megan coilovers.

• 3 years later...
BUMP.

Just had these installed and I can agree with this statement. Its way too much for me...and will be taking it off ASAP :lol:

Archived