LegacyGT.com

So, I'm a moron...

I debadged this weekend. Thats not the moron part.

I did both the "2.5GT" and the "AWD" badges, no problem,some fishing string and Goo Gone and I was golden. I did the "Legacy' badge last....not expecting pins. I thought perhaps it was just stubborn glue due to the age of my car, so I freed up all the edges and pulled and the badge broke, but came off.

So I mean, technically im debadged, except where the "Legacy" badge was, there are now two pin holes with plastic inserts.

Thats the moron part.

You cant really notice it, but I know its there and thats enough for me. What can I do to get these inserts out and fill the holes? Bondo? If thats the case, does anyone know where I can score some good touch-up paint? Does Subaru provide it?

I believe a /facepalm is in order.

Cut the pins off or push/pull them out, then hit the holes with some Bondo Glazing $ Spot putty. Try to make it smooth so you won't have to sand it. Don't get any Bondo on the rest of the car. 2000 grit sandpaper on the area if you must, then get the specific color touch up paint from your friendly local Subaru dealer parts department. Go lightly with the touch up paint, it will glob/run and look worse than when you started. Also keep in mind that the paint on the car might have faded some, so the touch up paint might be a little brighter in color than the rest of the car.

Good luck!

Does anyone know a good, safe way i can pull out the plastic inserts in the holes that held the pins?

If you are gonna paint the trunk, who cares about safe? Use an air chisel. I would either drill a tiny hole and thread a small screw into them and pull them out with a pliers, or use a punch and drive them through and let them fall between the trunk panels. You will never hear them rattle around way back there.

It is still ugly.

Archived