LegacyGT.com

09 WRX and 10 LGT wheel interchangability

jjwink

oh I'm sorry did I need your permission? The guy comes in asking weird ass questions about DOWNGRADING rims, doesn't understand the difference between a wrx and lgt is bascially a body and the turbo (not the potential) thinks he can tell me I dont know anything about my own car after only 20 posts and why am I posting here??
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Plus, I don't think he has an 09 WRX or a 2010 LGT.

The 09 WRX supposedly makes +21% more torque after a Cobb tune, it's the ONLY car Cobb claims this on and that's a HUGE amount. I'm not sure why Subaru tuned it so badly versus any other car on the market, unless it was intentional to keep it further away from the STI to make the STI worth the extra $10K.

And if you lived in a town with potholes you would know that having a 45 series tire is NOT a good idea. Yeah, it looks cute to have a giant set of wheels and little tire, but that also means that your wheel has that much less protection. Indy has winters that cause immense potholes that beat the hell out of wheels.

oh I'm sorry did I need your permission? The guy comes in asking weird ass questions about DOWNGRADING rims, doesn't understand the difference between a wrx and lgt is bascially a body and the turbo (not the potential) thinks he can tell me I dont know anything about my own car after only 20 posts and why am I posting here??

"I dont give a damn what the 2010 is.. I'll have nothing to do with it."

Why even bother posting if you could care less about the car he's asking about? Wrong or not, all you've added is sarcasism....not anything helpful. No one said you needed permission to post here, but if you're not going to be helpful, why waste the time saying UNHELPFUL things.

• 2 weeks later...
I am thinking of buying a 2010 LGT early next year but I hate the factory wheels.

I do really like the WRX dark gray wheels.//

Go to NASIOC and you should find some. They're pretty heavy - 23 or 24 lbs - so a lot of WRX owners ditch them. I use mine for snows.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• 2 weeks later...
Or a turbos site, whatever. Twinscroll is a good thing for a DD, early boost, good midrange but lacking max punch you get from a standard turbo.

But with a standar turbo, you get nothing till past 3000 RPM.

You are wrong...

A properly implemented twin-scoll set-up will provide better low-end, (both spool and boost threshold) better transient performance, (also known as "turbo lag") and more top-end than the equivalent turbo in single scroll...

Check out Full Race TS set-ups sometime ;)

:spin:

You are wrong...

A properly implemented twin-scoll set-up will provide better low-end, (both spool and boost threshold) better transient performance, (also known as "turbo lag") and more top-end than the equivalent turbo in single scroll...

Check out Full Race TS set-ups sometime ;)

If you are right, then the Cobb tune for the LGT could really kick ass.

Would be cool too if they could switch the WRX to twinscroll to kill the lag and leave that for the STI gearheads. I'm not 100% understanding the special plumbing it requires and if it will fit under the hood of an Impreza.

Go to NASIOC and you should find some. They're pretty heavy - 23 or 24 lbs - so a lot of WRX owners ditch them. I use mine for snows.

Correct. When I swapped out my '09 WRX wheels for 18" rotas, I was dumbfounded at just how heavy the '09 WRX wheels were.

Tax refund season I am plannin on it. But I really like the looks of the WRX wheels better. As long as they aren't heavier than the stock LGT wheels I don't see that I would lose anything to get a used set.

I tried to ask Subaru the weights of the factory whels, they don't know.

"Dear jjwink:

Thank you for your e-mail to Subaru of America, Inc. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us.

Unfortunately, we do not have the factory wheel weights as a specification that we can share.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for the opportunity to be of service."

Archived