LegacyGT.com

'Fake Glass' trim on exterior B pillar - Anyone replace this part?

I have searched through the forums without much luck on finding the name of this part. It is the trim piece behind the front windows, basically it is reflective plastic that hides the B pillar on the car aka behind the front windows. Mine has begun to fade and peel from sun damage and I want to replace it.

Has anyone replaced this part? What the heck is it called so I can order it? Better yet, does anyone have a part number? Care to give a quick write up about how you did this?

Thank you!

-Rob

Edit: To be more specific I am looking for the driver's side.

I haven't seen the stock part for sale, but I have seen CF aftermarket pieces. They call them B-pillar garnishes. I just bought a set from CreoSti on the site here. They really look nice.

Do you think you could remove it and re-spray it? You'd want to remove the passenger side one and keep them even. Satin black or body color would look pretty good.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Part number for driver's side sedan is 63563AG01A. Mine blew off in a car wash. In Subaru's defence, I think when the tech had it off a couple months earlier to replace the rear door weatherstripping, I think he cracked or broke the mounting tabs. I think you push in and up on the piece to take it off. Buy the new piece first and you can see what the tabs on the back look like. That will be a clue as to how the old one comes off. I don't know the price since it was a warranty item.
It is still ugly.

Thank you very much guys, I love this forum. Those part numbers don't come up in any of the online parts catalogs but I will probably give Fred Beans a call today and see if they can get me one. Doing a little more digging on some of the online catalogs, I think these pieces are under $20 bucks which is nice. When I replace mine I will try to do a writeup since as these cars get older I'm sure many people will want to replace these parts.

John, sadly I won't be making it to round 3 of SEDD :( I live a lot farther away now and Dani and I are getting married in November so every weekend the month prior is taken up with something. I really do want to run the wagon again at the track though. I managed a 14.2 at 96 mph with a badly slipping, on it's last legs stock clutch. With the WRX flywheel and ACT HD in there (plus my lighter Tommy Kaira's) I have a feeling it might touch 100mph traps in perfect conditions.

Well I feel a little dumb making a thread about this now. This piece was so easy to install. There are 3 'tabs' that pop into the metal behind the weatherstripping and one kind of 'hook' thing at the top of the piece that you slide out. It took me probably 3 minutes to take the old piece off and put the new one on.

This car amazes me all the time how easy it is to work on. If it had been my VR-4, it would have had 10 bolts from the inside of the car that would have been inaccessible unless I had taken the interior of the car apart :lol:

• 3 years later...

By the way....

If you just pry this thing off, you will break the small blue fasteners that hold it on and it will never be sturdy again. These small fastener clips are not sold separately, so you have to buy a whole new piece.

The list price is right at $25.00USD per side as of today (6-24-2013), wholesale is $19.00.

Part #63563AG00A (right side) and 6356AG01A (left side), 2005 Legacy sedan

Push in and slide upward to remove, no prying....now I know.

(just adding this info for future people who stumble across this thread like I did)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Part number for driver's side sedan is 63563AG01A. Mine blew off in a car wash. In Subaru's defence, I think when the tech had it off a couple months earlier to replace the rear door weatherstripping, I think he cracked or broke the mounting tabs. I think you push in and up on the piece to take it off. Buy the new piece first and you can see what the tabs on the back look like. That will be a clue as to how the old one comes off. I don't know the price since it was a warranty item.

I love this place. 10 minutes online, or 1.5 minutes searching the forums.

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

• 10 months later...

Archived