LegacyGT.com

Ebay headers

datdookie

Should I will let you know because I will be buying mine from the same place and I have the same year as your car.

I just can't stand the leak that is getting larger at the collect right now.. everything I get on the gas.

Yes. I'd imagine that the information provided by the seller is lacking at best. But, the EJ22 and EJ25 from '97-'04 all have the same header fitments IIRC. So, these should fit just fine.

EDIT: Oops! For whatever reason, I thought you posted you had a '97 EJ22. My fault. These headers WILL NOT fit (without modification.) Sorry.

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

It says up to 05 GT. Are the mistaken? Are these just for NA EJs? This is a JDM replica? Looks interesting... I'd love to have Headers back exhaust. I bet I'd get even quicker spool than I do now.:spin:

Here you go: http://www.borla.com/products/product_detail.aspx?prod_sku=17217

Yes. I'd imagine that the information provided by the seller is lacking at best. But, the EJ22 and EJ25 from '97-'04 all have the same header fitments IIRC. So, these should fit just fine.

EDIT: Oops! For whatever reason, I thought you posted you had a '97 EJ22. My fault. These headers WILL NOT fit (without modification.) Sorry.

And why will they not fit you ask? they say it's because of the oil filter... If you use the current OEM Subaru filter it should fit fine.

The current filters are smaller then a coffee cup

Should I will let you know because I will be buying mine from the same place and I have the same year as your car.

I just can't stand the leak that is getting larger at the collect right now.. everything I get on the gas.

Haha, well of course you should let me know, my suby needs to sound as sexy as yours =).

At this point I would not buy from speedy racer at all.. I will be calling them up tomorrow and canceling my order.. thank goodness I did not pay via paypal

they have yet to ship so I will be finding another vendor on ebay..

they headers are all the same they are all made in China btw.. to be more precise in Taiwan

Order Borla, guys. You will never be disappointed. They're great! Not to mention they have a 1,000,000 mile warranty. Very good product.

prone to cracking (don't care what anyone says I've seen enough) and price...

You'd actually be surprised how much has changed since the "olden days" with Borla headers. Not to mention that I've already mentioned the 1,000,000 mile warranty. :) The price is a bit higher, but they really do stand by their product and based on the headers I've gone through, I wouldn't buy anything else. Just my .02 though. I'm sure other headers sound just as good. I just happen to go for quality over anything else (after research, of course.)

headers arrived.. sound clips with a nice mic later on :) too bad I still have the stock muffler haha I should be getting a SPT on Saturday

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6969/dsc9972.jpg

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/2028/dsc9974.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/3318/dsc9975.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4848/dsc9976.jpg

Also anything (bolts) prone to snapping as far as removing the headers? I will hit them with PB blaster but I just want to be safe.

Those headers don't look half bad at all. I was expecting something a bit different. Hope they work and sound good! :)

You shouldn't have to deal with much cracking/breaking. Although, if they are rusty, a squirt or two of PB is always advised.

As far as the nuts and bolts that came with it, I'd see if the bolts thread into the manifold. If not, junk 'em and just re-use the stock the ones.

Well here is the deal.. they fit with no issues.. install went somewhat easy.. I had to drop the exahust to where the center pipe is.. which I think caused a crack in the rear cat because it was so rusty.. now with the headers up it's loud as a mofo :-/ better mid-range that's for sure took it on the highway just once to heat the headers up.

Also I forgot to reset the ECU (took me 5 hours to do this) and I noticed my idle is not smooth at all it jumps from 650 to 788 rpms like every 2 seconds and you can tell it by sitting in the car and listening to the engine.

I could not put my Oxygen spacers on because for one I don't have a deep socket and I have no clue what size the oxygen sensors are...

Why it took me so long is I had to cut the bolts off from where the headers meet the first cat and my dremel needs new brushes so the tool kept cutting in and out.. I had to stop and run to HD to get more reinforced cut off wheels and after that I was done and had the headers off.

Nice! Glad they sound good. You'll have to upload the sound file soon. :)

I've had to cut the bolts where the headers meet the cats before as well. REAL PITA.

Ok I think i figured out why I have the leak and I'm pretty sure it's between the headers and cat.. I used the gasket that came with the kit (tsk tsk) and so I went to pick up the Subaru gasket while it's thinner it has seals near the inside area of the piping.. However the gasket looks like it's meant to go on one way and I'm sure sure if it's in the FSM manual or not.

I tried to get a sound file outside but a cop was pulling into the school as I was setting up so I just got myself pulling into a parking space.

Archived