LegacyGT.com

04 sti bbs 18's exist....?

jfg22557

ok, dont mind me if it sounds a little nubbish, but Im pretty stumped on this one. I love the sti bbs's and am planning on throwing some gold ones on pretty soon hopefully but im thinking 17 may look a little sparse, especially at stock suspension height (which i dont plan on changing too soon, or at least until i get a good amount of cash together to blow on coilovers). Now, i know the newer sti's have the bbs 18's, but the question is does such a wheel exist in the 04 5x100 pattern to fit our cars? :iam:

No. Not a factory Subaru rim in 5x100.

Except for the 06+ Spec B rim which was 18" but only 7" wide and OEM heavy. Beautiful rim though...

If you want the forged, famous STi rim that was on the 2004 STi, realize that its only 17" and 7.5" wide. It's not huge, but its light.

ah, thats what i feared. guess my concern really lies with the aesthetics of them being 17's. The stockers dont look too tiny, but then again, ya ain't riiiddddin' rimmms with them at all in the first place lol. Thanks for the response Gire. think theres anything i could do to enhance the stance of the car without delving into the realm of expensive suspension upgrades?

EDIT: and ive already decided that springs are out of the question since i do plan on eventually getting full coilovers, but Ive been forewarned by an elder 6 star performance enthusiast that switching to a softer spring causes the cylinder to be depressed past its normal ride height (point where its meant to be depressed to), thus adversely affecting the spring rate, rebound, and overall performance of the suspension system. Sorry if this kinda drifted off the main subject, but all this suspension talk is rooted from my concern in the stance of the wheels.

Thanks, Jake

Archived