LegacyGT.com

Ok guys... Who got spiked?

The whole "Its a twisty canyon" is bullshit thats a goddamn highway and you can see a car coming for miles. Also last time I checked a BMW 5 Serires and a Legacy look nothing alike besides both being sedans. What dumb shits the UHP are. Also dont highway patrol know (after pulling over more then just BMWs) that many cars come with HIDS I mean my focus did for christ sake. Id be super mega fn pissed.

Dude, you seem unusually angry about this incident. ;)

That is a pretty crazy story. But, I grew up at the top of Parley's canyon, so I know exactly where that guy got spiked. There are parts of that canyon where you can't even see a quarter mile ahead, aside from maybe a little light reflecting off the canyon walls. The cops can be aggressive in Utah, but not as bad as the ones down here in Arizona :o

yea.. if you jay walk they cut out an eye apparently. :lol:

and to think I almost applied for a job in that crazy state.. in "american fork."

right across the pond from american butterknife and american soup spoon.

:lol: I actually work in american fork. A few towns south there is a "spanish fork" too

:lol: I actually work in american fork. A few towns south there is a "spanish fork" too

is it a nice place? I came SO CLOSE to calling dentrix and applying for a job with them out there. I hesitated because I didnt know the culture and wasn't sure about such a drastic move.

I had worked with their product for nearly 4 years in troubleshooting database rebuilds and installation at new offices so I felt like I came FAR more experienced than most of their applicants heh.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Not only should the police pay for the tow and the tires, but they should give him a "Get out of a ticket" card or something! That's a heck of an inconvenience to get your car messed up like that, but stuff happens and the police put it right so fair enough.

Not only should the police pay for the tow and the tires, but they should give him a "Get out of a ticket" card or something! That's a heck of an inconvenience to get your car messed up like that, but stuff happens and the police put it right so fair enough.

monopoly! more like a "get out of jail" card :D id pass GO just to get $200 towards something fun for the subaru

Im going to go spike a cop car and tell them I was trying to play a prank on a friend with a similar looking car.

I wish it was me and I wish it would have caused an accident. I could finally get that Spec B.

is it a nice place? I came SO CLOSE to calling dentrix and applying for a job with them out there. I hesitated because I didnt know the culture and wasn't sure about such a drastic move.

I had worked with their product for nearly 4 years in troubleshooting database rebuilds and installation at new offices so I felt like I came FAR more experienced than most of their applicants heh.

So far it's one of my favorite towns around here. I come from Northern CA and I can tell you that if you move here you will literally go through culture shock. Utah Valley has the nickname "the happy valley" for a good reason. Once you get used to it it's a pretty nice place to live. There's also a ton of motorsports-related stuff around here and the smog laws are pretty lax. :)

Im going to go spike a cop car and tell them I was trying to play a prank on a friend with a similar looking car.

haha, thatd be pretty funny. Still, shouldnt the UHP put the strips down when they could actually see the car? I mean there has to be a straight place where they could see the car, (and not mistake it for something completely different), cuz its not like they put the spikes down right after a curve, right?

I'm more interested in what the driver of the black BMW did to get away... you never hear about evasion success stories, only failures. Could be a best-seller if someone would write a book about it.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

The whole "Its a twisty canyon" is bullshit thats a goddamn highway

Not just any highway. I-80. The highway of highways, one of the country's top trucking roads in addition to being the main coast-to-coast road. The trooper lied on camera about the most obvious thing he could have picked.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

There are a pretty fair amount of rednecks around here. They're not as trashy, but they all have jacked up dodge rams. I have never seen so many jacked up giganta-trucks in one place. Utah has a few really cool perks especially if you like outdoor activities... But I think I'm about done with the place. I don't think I'll stay for more than a couple of years. If you're thinking of moving here I'll tell you right now that you'll absolutely hate your first year or so here. The place does kind of grow on you the longer you're here though. I have kind of mixed feelings about the place.

Maybe... they mistook his "blue subaru" as a "black bmw" and when he got spiked, he pulled over thinking "its all over now" but then the cops saw that it wasn't a bmw, but just a subaru (thank goodness he doesn't have a shaved boot), they thought they got the wrong car and he is off the hook? idunno...

I'm more interested in what the driver of the black BMW did to get away... you never hear about evasion success stories, only failures. Could be a best-seller if someone would write a book about it.

People get away all the time - we just don't see it because it doesn't make good TV. Either the police lose the suspect or they choose to terminate for safety reasons. The police shows don't show failed chases because they don't want to educate criminals on how to evade.

Archived