LegacyGT.com

got my rain guards but...

gt_ltd

one of them is broken (i guess it's FedEx rather than the seller). i am not :mad: because it's not the end of the world, yet. anyway, i want to glue them back into one piece, and want to know what works the best. i want something that can handle all kinds of weathers in a long term.

thanks! :)

This Space For Rent

Two piece cyo-acrylate glue that's sold at hobby stores (or craft stores). Basically, there are two parts - the glue and an accelerator. It's not the prettiest solution (it crazes and turns white), but it chemically bonds the plastic. You can paint over the glue to hide it once you lock it with the accelerator.

Some brands are 'Zap-A-Gap' or "Jet Glue' for the glue part and 'Zip Kicker' for the acccelerator. Just be careful and don't get it on your fingers.....like crazy glue on steroids.....it has a chemical reaction and smokes a little when you use it.

why not have Fed Ex look at the damaged package and then have them cover it and replace it? It will take longer to get a replacement, but they may pay for it. Might be worth looking into.

Friend of mine had Fed Ex replace 4 OEM RS4 18" rims because they scratched the edges in transport...and he got to keep the scratched ones.

Guest *Jedimaster*
You really gonna glue them? If so, sand them and paint them too- otherwise it'll be pretty obvious they're tacked back together.

You really gonna glue them? If so, sand them and paint them too- otherwise it'll be pretty obvious they're tacked back together.

Actually, you can hide it pretty well. You can use that stuff I mentioned.....a little inside the actual break itself, then build up more behind on the inside edge of the visor where it's not visible. You don't need much....might be good to reinforce with some extra plastic too. Depending on the plastic, I have been able to piece stuff back together where it would be impossible to see that it was ever broken. Still, it's never as good as new.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Actually, you can hide it pretty well. You can use that stuff I mentioned.....a little inside the actual break itself, then build up more behind on the inside edge of the visor where it's not visible. You don't need much....might be good to reinforce with some extra plastic too. Depending on the plastic, I have been able to piece stuff back together where it would be impossible to see that it was ever broken. Still, it's never as good as new.

Or.......

Ship the friggin' things back and get what you paid for originally? :lol:

I agree, have Fed Ex take care of it, they damaged it, and they respond pretty well, UPS on the other hand...good luck getting them to fess up to damaging a package.

Let Fed Ex take responsibility, and go from there.

hmmm i just got a reply from eddy's wife, she asked me to file a claim and have fedex picked it up... so far cc-b has been pretty nice to me... can i say good things happen to good people? :D

fed ex should come again tomorrow with my rims... i will show them the broken rain guard.

thanks guys (including jedi ;))!

This Space For Rent

Guest *Jedimaster*
Not a chance (not that you could get him even to respond to say no). Better to file a claim with the shipping company.

+1

Eddy is a dick. There I go making perfect sense again :lol:

CC-B had this issue with nasioc peeps a year or so ago. In the end, they seemed to have dealt with all the broken rain visor shipping issues.

I hope your claim goes smooth and you receive a replacement set soon.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Doesn't that feel better to get that off your chest now that you are not a mod?? :lol:

I thought I was gonna get in trouble for saying it when I was a mod :lol:

Well, he's not a vendor now is he? They didn't respond to any emails I sent until after my product arrived. If it's in stock like their website said, why does it take three weeks after my CC is charged to send a small item?

Archived