LegacyGT.com

05 LGT serpentine belt shredded.

RaGe

Just for reference:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114549

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2583605&postcount=29

I picked up a used a/c compressor from car-part.com its basically an online database for salvage yards. I think I found an '06 LGT compressor for $125 to replace the one on the '05.

As mentioned before, those of you going up in the miles with your LGT's it may be a good opportunity to upgrade to a lightweight pulley. If not for performance think of it more for preventative maintenance.

-L

Can you explain why changing the pulley would prevent the damage you experienced?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you explain why changing the pulley would prevent the damage you experienced?

really without trying to come across as a dik, but after a little bit of reading the last 4 pages should be somewhat self explanatory.

but......reason is, after amount of time it is some of our beliefs here on this board that over time the stock pulley and the rubber content of such will deteriorate causing the pulley itself to delaminate ( seperate the pulley from itself ). This is return i can promise you if indeed it does cause damage to the front of your motor. it will cause the belt to shred and thus allowing it to slip over your AC pulley and take the wiring harness with it. most of everyone on here has not been able to repair the AC compressor. Also most of everyone on here claims ( i am one of them ) that it takes the timing cover with it, and in return if serious enough can get into the timing belt causing even more damage.

this is why.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Archived