LegacyGT.com

Has any one had issues with the 2010 Legacy GT and SPT Turbo Boost Gauge

• 6 years later...
I know I'm late to this thread, but I have a customer who bought this kit years ago for his 2012 gt and when I got to the step of plugging things in, I found the twenty pin connector to splice in the gauge would not fit. Turns out he has the NAV radio. I cut the connector off and planned to just connect to the required circuits of the four conductors: Blue, Pink, Orange and White and use the schematics from a base radio model to make my connections, but the customer needed the car before I could get into that and has since lost the box with the connector in it. Dealership is no help as they do not have the schematics for this add on. Contacted Auto Meter and they could not help? they directed me to Subaru of America which emailed me that the car would have to be inspected or I could pay to access Subaru SI which I don't have a problem with if they could guarantee me that the information I seek will be there and they can not. Tried local dealership to see if they had one I could just look at to find out where these four wires originate from on the harness side-no luck, they don't stock it. So I'm appealing to anyone who might have the info I seek on the four wires. Pictures would be best, but if your sure of the orientation of colors and where they need to go, I'll take it. I'm assuming: power , ground, illumination(although there is a red wire piggy backed into the dimmer switch), and possibly a 5 volt reference to the MAP sensor. Which leads me to another question on there infinite wisdom with this kit- Why add a Map sensor and not "T" of the vehicles boost/map sensor unless they don't want anyone splicing into the factory loom? They could have easily made a piggyback at the factory Map sensor connector though. Anyway, thanks to any and all responses to my problem, PJ

You might be able to chase down the schematics you're looking for here: http://jdmfsm.info/Auto/Japan/Subaru/Legacy%20Outback/

Also, learn from the failure of whoever originally installed mine, and don't tee the sensor into the PCV line, then put it at a lower level. Those sensors don't like water, and it'll eventually kill the gauge.

Archived