LegacyGT.com

thought i had to push the car home

as soon as i got on the freeway for a 1hr drive the light came on, the computer said [ 50mi. -->Empty ] which was more than enough to get home

in 45 minutes the comp said [ --- mi. -->Empty ] and i freaked out cuz i had miles to drive and no gas station in sight. i finally filled up and it came to 15.942gallons ;0

i coulda sworn we had a 14.9 tank. but i found in a search it was actually 16.9 gallons, so i guess i had 18 miles more to go *phew*

as soon as i got on the freeway for a 1hr drive the light came on, the computer said [ 50mi. -->Empty ] which was more than enough to get home

in 45 minutes the comp said [ --- mi. -->Empty ] and i freaked out cuz i had miles to drive and no gas station in sight. i finally filled up and it came to 15.942gallons ;0

i coulda sworn we had a 14.9 tank. but i found in a search it was actually 16.9 gallons, so i guess i had 18 miles more to go *phew*

So by how much were you below the E, aka Enough to Get Home ?

Also, I recommend refilling the car when it hits the last quarter of fuel left to reduce as much as possible the stirring and uptake of the sediments at the bottom of the tank, which could clog the fuel line filter.

I keed I keeed

They actually recommended that in the manual or one of those quarterly Subie mag. I forget which one.

So by how much were you below the E, aka Enough to Get Home ?

Also, I recommend refilling the car when it hits the last quarter of fuel left to reduce as much as possible the stirring and uptake of the sediments at the bottom of the tank, which could clog the fuel line filter.

When I changed the fuel pump last year in my 97 Nissan there wasn't a spec of anything in the gas tank...... I think if you use good gas and don't fill up when there is a tanker at the gas station then you will be fine running it down under a 1/4 tank.

When I changed the fuel pump last year in my 97 Nissan there wasn't a spec of anything in the gas tank...... I think if you use good gas and don't fill up when there is a tanker at the gas station then you will be fine running it down under a 1/4 tank.

What's wrong with the fuel pump?sediments:D

I keed I keeed

Archived