LegacyGT.com

THE ULTIMATE jack stands?

Yeah, I will admit that crossed my mind as well when looking at them. Fair enough, I'm not going to trust my life to something that makes me fear it'll tip.

Do you know of any less costly tri or quad leg stands with a flat top and lock-pin? I'd like to find two for maybe $50-70 tops.

Joe

Don't buy ratchet stands, please. They are unsafe crap. You want lock pin instead. The ratchet may be accidentally kicked and the car falls on you. There have been accidents like that.

The cheapo Autozone stands have lock pins.

I have the 6 ton jack stand from Harbor Freight. I usually don't raise them at all so it doesn't really matter.

But I can see if someone is doing major work, they'll need the car a bit higher. I mostly do minor mods and maintenance so the 6 ton jack stands are plenty high enough for me.

that has to be the ULTIMATE misinterpretation of my post.

i just thought it was funny that after 2 pages of posts you said you decided and then in your very next post undecided.

you don't find that funny?

i was not being mean or anything but i think you are trying to be that to me.

that has to be the ULTIMATE misinterpretation of my post.

i just thought it was funny that after 2 pages of posts you said you decided and then in your very next post undecided.

you don't find that funny?

i was not being mean or anything but i think you are trying to be that to me.

With the clarification, it actually is kind of funny. They make this thing for that though: :lol:

I only mean to insult people who pull the trigger before I do. No worries :)

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 3 months later...

I bought these off Craigslist, 4 for $75 total. Awesome, ratcheting/pin combo style. I'll pad the saddles with some silicone sheeting I have laying around. Done for me.

And Bella helped.

IMG_1735.thumb.jpg.c4555bd38ac19148e8e33bdb8c34a4ee.jpg

IMG_1794.thumb.jpg.fb26cb6cb57be4bc825c9cdb1a9b0971.jpg

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived