LegacyGT.com

turbo swap on my 98 lgt oil feed lines

i found a wrecked 04 wrx and got the turbo headers intercooler, everything and want to put it on my car but the only thing i cant figure out is the oil lines where do i connect them to? i heard there are bolts on the block or heads or something. can u please tell me i cant figure it out and no one is helping i now wat ur gona say why dont u just get a turboed car, cause im freakin pore thats why i got this from a junk yard for 40 bucks yeah everything for 40 bucks

• 3 weeks later...

they are called OIL galley plugs, there are 2. 1 is for your stock oil pressure sensor. the 2nd is just to the left of the throttle body. look underneath it to the left and you'll see a flat ALlen bolt, you remove this and put in the adapter NPT, then you run that to the turbo, for the drain line you take off your oil pan, drill a hole ABOVE the mail oil line so u dont get backup and then you weld in a bung for the oil fitting.

-B

they are called OIL galley plugs, there are 2. 1 is for your stock oil pressure sensor. the 2nd is just to the left of the throttle body. look underneath it to the left and you'll see a flat ALlen bolt, you remove this and put in the adapter NPT, then you run that to the turbo, for the drain line you take off your oil pan, drill a hole ABOVE the mail oil line so u dont get backup and then you weld in a bung for the oil fitting.

-B

There is also a return line plug on the pass side head iirc

where is that return line at? i put it on my car already i had to use my stock headers and made a up pipe till i can get bigger ones cause i dont want to cut anything, i used the oil sensor for feed line and return line i put inbetween the heads and valve covers theres little D shaped plugs on the back i just took out the bottem one and mad e a thing for it it worked ok but i think theres to much oil in the valve cover for it to drain good from the turbo and i dont want to drill into my oil pan

Well idk how long it will last depends on the boost and well his setup is. using that crescent shaped plug for a return isnt bad but I would look for a better drainage point and tapping your oil pan isnt hard at all and is a lower point on the engine which will help to drain better

im only pushing 5 to 6 psi so its not bad and i just did the headgasket with solid metal gasket and its lasted me so far so i proved you wrong on that and im running a top mount intercooler with the stock turbo so its not that big i had to use my stock headers not the wrx cause i didnt want to cut out the frame so i ran a pipe to the turbo and back to 2.5 inch piping with a 5zigen muffler, i want to get some better headers cause these ones are pretty small and i deleted my cat so i used spark plug non foulers and it worked i got all my info from subaru legacy international they have people that do this set up all the time

im only pushing 5 to 6 psi so its not bad and i just did the headgasket with solid metal gasket and its lasted me so far so i proved you wrong on that and im running a top mount intercooler with the stock turbo so its not that big i had to use my stock headers not the wrx cause i didnt want to cut out the frame so i ran a pipe to the turbo and back to 2.5 inch piping with a 5zigen muffler, i want to get some better headers cause these ones are pretty small and i deleted my cat so i used spark plug non foulers and it worked i got all my info from subaru legacy international they have people that do this set up all the time

yeah you could switch to borla replicas and fabb a uppipe to fit and keep you DP turbo back section.

Archived