LegacyGT.com

official Tri-state "get back to work" thread

THE RZA

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JessterCPA
Any of you guys drive the section of 78W between exits 20 and 26 on a semi-often basis?

I'd like to thank whoever has been doing the repaving in that area for doing the worst ******* job imaginable.

Thank god I do not drive down there.

Thank god I do not drive down there.

My fender started eating part of my tire from hitting the god awful bumps every mile or so. I had to put on my winter wheels back on until I can roll my fenders more.

I had no issues with rubbing whatsoever until they did repaving on 78W.

There's a chance that that tire with about 1000 - 1500 miles might be shot from it. :redface:

are they still repaving it or is it just a half assed job? I take 287 every day and apparently they're doing something over by the 78 west on ramp from 287 northbound now. they're doing some repaving on Rt. 80 west again and at night its a PITA to drive through

Guest JessterCPA
Is seems like someone in NJ grabbed a sale on pavement, and the state decided to spread a little of it everywhere, and not do a particularly good job anywhere.

are they still repaving it or is it just a half assed job? I take 287 every day and apparently they're doing something over by the 78 west on ramp from 287 northbound now. they're doing some repaving on Rt. 80 west again and at night its a PITA to drive through

They did the same section of 78E first and it was done in about a week and absolutely perfect the first time.

I can only hope that they aren't done with the other side yet. It's been this way for about 2 weeks. But they did some paving last night of a different stretch just before the crappy bumps start.

Some people just do not care. I have never driven on the right lane through that underpass...ever. But I hear cars bottoming out all the time in that lane.

with your setup one of those pot holes on Rt. 22 would make your life hell, that RBS lip would be gone and thatd mess your coilovers up real good. That area of 22 is much worse than any other road in north jersey

Believe it or not, I drive through there all the time (at least 3 days a week) since I had the coils...I know the location of every pothole. My biggest fear is that a new one opens up one day and I miss it! :(

But yeah..it only takes one big one to ruin a rim/tire/coil and lip.

Hey Julio,

Yeah, sorry about that, I got it, but got real busy that day with work. I'd love to take those off your hands, but I'm saving right now for a dyno tune, and some Work wheels....:wub:

Thanks for the offer though! Maybe wanna trade me for my stockers...lol...I only have a few scratches....:rolleyes:

-John

I might be going as well...weather and wife permitting.

John...you get my PM re:the Spec b wheels?

I got 08 stock spec B wheels...less than 3000 mies on both wheels and original tires, in mint condition. I thought I would use them, but I quickly realized that 2 sets of wheels is more than enough.

I am looking for $850...I would take $800 for a quick sale. ;)

Archived