LegacyGT.com

official Tri-state "get back to work" thread

THE RZA

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think most people are just oblivious to their surroundings....to many times have I seen cops/ambulances/fire trucks come and people just sit there. The best was the other day when I was coming out of a walmart parking lot.

Some lady was kind of parked on the side in front of walmart, in what seemed to be waiting for someone, because no one was crossing in front of her. So i decide to go around her.

All of a sudden she takes off as I start to pass her, and give me the nastiest look....I was like WTF are you doing!?!?!? As she speeds up and doesnt let me back into the normal lane.

Instead of just letting me get back to where she already should have been driving, she was pretty much forcing me to stay next to her....what a bitch!

Oh yeah, happens all the time. The "you wanna race?" people :lol::lol::lol:

Same shit on the highway. They don't wanna speed up, but they don't want you to be ahead of them either. I get REALLY pissed when I'm on my bike & someone does that to me.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Anyone hear about any of this or witness any of this going on lately? Cops in certain towns lately have been using undercover cops at pedestrian crosswalks and they usually have another cop down the road camped out and flagging people down who aren't yielding? It sounds pretty dumb but people can't be driving like idiots and not yielding. Its not worth the 2 points and $150 ticket, if you didn't know about it already be alert now.

Anyone hear about any of this or witness any of this going on lately? Cops in certain towns lately have been using undercover cops at pedestrian crosswalks and they usually have another cop down the road camped out and flagging people down who aren't yielding? It sounds pretty dumb but people can't be driving like idiots and not yielding. Its not worth the 2 points and $150 ticket, if you didn't know about it already be alert now.

Thanks for the heads up. They're doin anything to generate fine money these days.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

they did this in montclair too.. My sis' bf got a ticket when he was taking my mom around for some errens.

Guest JessterCPA
i have found most towns like to ticket the rolling "no turn on red" move as well. Need to come to a full stop before turning.

Thanks for the heads up. They're doin anything to generate fine money these days.

Very tru. but when im at a cross walk and im already in the street people blow right by my.. its one thing when i pass the middle but its when im still in the line their driving in.

p.s. sorry for the mulitple post im to lazy to make it concise.

i have found most towns like to ticket the rolling "no turn on red" move as well. Need to come to a full stop before turning.

Most towns like giving people pointless tickets bc they have nothing better to do than pull people over for 55 in a 50. I got a ticket a few months back in Peapack-gladstone when a cop supposedly clocked me in a 1/2 mile down the road doing 65 in a 50 on 206 and it was at 11pm and he was facing the direction I was going, when I drove past him I was doing about 50-55 and he pulled me over. Simply because there is nothing better to do in Peapack-gladstone for cops. I love it I was doing 75 on 22 in union cop saw me didn't even bother to pull me over, I guess they have better things to do in union than annoy people and bust their chops.

Yea the other day on the GSP i was doin like 80mph and the right lanes opened up and you know no one moves so i moved over to the middle left lane and then moved to the middle lane. and by that time i was doing 90 mph and i see in a rear view a state trooper weaving through traffic to get to me. so i jsut down shifted and kept my foot off the gas I didnt brake like most idiots. Then he ran up on me and tail gated me for a lil. I was still slowing down and by this point doing 65mph with traffic. and he pulled away. i was calm till he pulled away then i let my self freak out so i wont be so obvious.

Guest JessterCPA
That's a good move with the braking. I do that often myself. Not a big fan of the passing on the right though. I actually wrote into my local newspaper about this & whether it was illegal. Let me go find it.

I remember reading somewhere that normally it is illegal to pass on the right, but if you're on a major highway bigger than 2 lanes wide, its ok. Still wouldnt recommend it, but with the crazy slow @55 left lane drivers we have here in the tristate area, its is sometimes necessary.....lol

Here's the statute for NJ:

http://www.nj-statute-info.com/getStatute.php?statute_id=1385

Doesnt say anything about multiple lane highways, but it kinda says its ok as long as it is safely done.

The 50 in the fast lane people piss me right off.

I hear that!

Also found this from an attorney:

http://www.njtrafficlawcenter.com/imp_pass.htm

Here it says its ok to pass on the right only if someone is making a left turn, or there are at least two lanes of traffic proceeding in that direction.

Found this too:

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Shows what states have keep right laws.

The 50 in the fast lane people piss me right off.

Archived