LegacyGT.com

"Guys, I hit a Coyote." *GRAPHIC PICS*

trackhore

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Brad Coleman was testing a Gibbs NASCAR Sprint Cup Series car at Toyota Arizona Proving Grounds earlier this week and came onto the radio and told his crew something rather unusual.

"Guys, I hit a coyote," Coleman said.

Coleman was running close to 200 mph around the 10-mile test track when he saw the animal wander under the outside guardrail.

"I'm in the middle of the corner, and I'm doing like 190," Coleman said Friday at Nashville Superspeedway before practicing his Nationwide Series car. "I'm just cruising. You run the high line there, because that's where the most banking is. It's the high-speed lane. There's just a guardrail there like on the freeway.

"I see this thing, it must've been 100 feet in front of me, just jump out. Right when I saw it come out from under the guardrail, I was like, 'That's a coyote.'"

"It just started smoking like crazy," Coleman said. "And it smelled terrible. I didn't see anything in the mirror, so I was like, 'I wonder where it went?' I said, 'Guys, I hit a coyote. I'm going to come in because I think it screwed up the radiatorClick the image to open in full size.. I think it clogged up the grille a little bit.'"

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Racing%20Stuff/coyote2.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s245/54warrior/Racing%20Stuff/coyote.jpg

Is that where hot dogs come from? Who knew? :lol:

I hope they could at least make a nice vest from the skin. Oh. And a hat from the head!

Anyone seen the pics from Gerhard Berger hitting a deer in his Benetton F1 car in 1986? Luckily the deer wrapped itself around the front tire instead of killing Mr. Berger.

My dad used to work for Amtrak, and there was this one engineer who hit a f***** huge turkey buzzard, the thing bashed right through the inch thick front window and exploded everywhere. Freaking disgusting. Lord hopes I never hit a deer or anything for that matter.

I saw this thread yesterday, and today I read a news story about a horse being hit during the Argentine Rally by Federico Villagra. There is a video of the incident on YouTube also. Seems to be a bad week for animals and racecars.

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/horserallyR_450x300.jpg

I don't know how many moose you guys have down in the US, but up here, there are tons.

They are the dealiest animal in North America to hit, as they can grow as tall as 10 feet, and when a vehicle hits one, the legs are so long that the moose body ends up shearing off the whole top of the car, with people's heads and torsos included.

Not a pretty accident site.:redface:

I don't know how many moose you guys have down in the US, but up here, there are tons.

They are the dealiest animal in North America to hit, as they can grow as tall as 10 feet, and when a vehicle hits one, the legs are so long that the moose body ends up shearing off the whole top of the car, with people's heads and torsos included.

Not a pretty accident site.:redface:

Pics, please! :lol:

Archived