LegacyGT.com

sept 12th HPR

Darrel

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok come on you guys, don't make me be the only Leggy out there again! Although it has been fun running with some very cool cars (especially all the sweet Z's out there).

I'm definietly in - Grocery Getter it's time to take on HPR, sooooo much more fun than Pueblo is...

-Ross

Hmmm... I might be interested in this. I've been looking at hitting HPR at some point, why not make it now? :)

I have some friends with S4s that could also be interested in this as well - I've been looking for an excuse to show them the true power of the Legacy (I'm tired of hearing how great the S4 is at everything). ;)

If we do hit the limit I am sure we still wouldn't turn anyone away.

To make sure you can sign up and pay at one of the tech days. You will be asured of a spot by signing up early and getting teched.

www.zccc.org check the odometer for registration sheet and the times and location for the tech days. Bring your helmet, snell rated 2k or newer.

**NOTE** the price for non members is $165 and not $150

Here's the link for the tech sheet we follow.

http://www.zccc.org/Files/tech.pdf

http://www.zccc.org/tracreg.htm

Hello track enthusiasts --

We still have space for drivers at the track event on Saturday, September 12th at High Plains Raceway (sponsored by the Z Car Club of Colorado). If you have not yet signed up, please consider joining us for this fun day on the track. We have run groups for all levels of experience, including first-timers. Attached you will find a copy of the track registration form.

We have two pre-tech sessions scheduled at the home of Gary Bracken (2487 S. Dover Way, Lakewood, CO 80227, 303-969-9964) as follows:

1st tech session - Saturday, September 5th from 10am to 2pm

2nd tech session - Wednesday, September 9th from 4pm to 7pm

PLEASE try to make one of the pre-tech sessions so we are not pressed for time to get the cars inspected on track-day. The more cars we have to inspect the morning of the event, the later we'll get on the track AND, WE WILL NOW be charging an extra $10.00 to tech your car at the track.

Remember: every driver must sign up to work corners, both morning and afternoon.

Mo’s concession stand will be open for business on track day if you wish to purchase food or drink.

Remember the new track is a one+ hour drive from the intersection of I-25 & I-70, so plan your morning drive time accordingly.

Contact Roy Davis with any questions c-303-726-1644, w-303-445-3055, co300zxtt@hotmail.com

Mark your calendars and join us on September 12th for a great time. We look forward to seeing all of you!

Gary & Pam Bracken

FUN RUN EVENT AT HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY

A.K.A. TRACK DAY

REGISTRATION FORM

September 12, 2009

7:15 A.M. until 5:15 P.M.

Driver #1_________________________________ Driver #2 __________________ __________

Street address: _________________________________________ ___ (city, state, zip)

Phone: Home _____________ Work __________________ Cell _____________________

E-mail address: ________________________________________________________ _______

Z Car Club of Colo. Membership # ______ Expires __ _____ Non-Member __

Car: Make_________ ___________ Model________________ Year________ Color_______________

Performance mods. ____________________________ ___________________________________

Driver 1 experience: ______novice (D); ______intermediate ©; ______advanced (B); ______expert (A)

Driver 2 experience: ______novice (D); ______intermediate ©; ______advanced (B); ______expert (A)

Driver 1 (Member) $140.00 Driver 1 (Non-Member) $165.00

Driver 2 (Member) $ 50.00 Driver 2 (Non-Member) $ 75.00

Please check appropriate lines and enter amount enclosed: $ __ __________

Your check should be made out to Z Car Club of Colorado (ZCCC).

Registration will be limited to the first 50 cars, so please register early

For advance tech inspection, please contact Roy Davis (see below). For all cars not tech’d earlier, inspection will be held at the track as time permits. Cars with inadequate tires, brakes, steering, or with fluid leaks or loose parts will not be allowed on the course. Open or excessively loud exhausts will also be disallowed. DRIVERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK THEIR CARS and make any needed repairs BEFORE coming to the track.

Mail registration with check to: Z Car Club of Colorado, C/0 Roy Davis

4764 South Garland Street

Littleton, Colorado 80123

DRIVER'S CERTIFICATION: I am entering this event to have fun and to drive safely on High Plains Raceway (HPR). I agree: to abide by all ZCCC written and verbal instructions and track steward at this event, including but not limited to the strict rules regarding passing on the track, to wear a Snell rated helmet (year '00 or newer) on the track along with long pants, long sleeved tops, and close toed shoes of natural or non-combustible materials, and to do MY FAIR SHARE of corner work.. I also understand that passengers without proper restraints, clothing, helmet, shoes and a valid driver’s license will not be allowed on the course.

Signature (Driver 1): Date: ________ _______

Signature (Driver 2): ________________________________ ___ Date: ______ _________

For information, contact: Roy Davis (303-445-3055,co300zxtt@hotmail.com, 303-726-1644),

or Mike Goddard (303-988-7859, zquicky@msn.com)

None... unless the Playstation counts :lol: So I'll be running around in the Novice group. It's something I've always wanted to do, I've just never had the opportunity. I'm looking forward to some fun, though!

Speaking of, does anyone have a place around town that sells helmets? I was looking online, but I have no clue what size I need.

Thanks,

Squid

It all depends what direction you want to go with track time. Some clubs require a SA rated helmet, while most hot lapping, driving school autox only require at least a M rated helmet.

For M rated helmet you can go to just about any motorcycle shop and get a fairly cheap one.

Some will be DOT sticker, don't get that confused with a snell rating.

Darrel is right but I'd highly suggest getting a Snell 2005 rated one. Ratings are good for 10 years so a 2005 will be good until 2015. I've got a Bell M2 in extra large (I have a huge head apparently). Not sure of anyone in town, I got mine online. There are some pretty good fitment guides out that should help.

Squiden (and anyone else) you're welcome to jump in my leggy with me to ride a few sessions to get the feel of the track and learn the proper line. I'm not sure if they will have instructors or not but if not and you need someone to go around with you I'm happy to do that too. I'm by no means an expert or anything but I've got about 400 miles around HPR already so I know it pretty well...

See you guys at the track!

-Ross

Actually, I might take you up on that ride while we are there. I'm only stage 1 at this point, and would love to feel the difference with Stage 2 and more suspension mods than just my lowering springs.

Squid

The club will ask the A and B drivers to ride along with the novices during their first session. Just pair up during the drivers meeting.

To save money on the track day, you can also join the club if you wish. You don't have to have a Z to join our club.

I bought my helmet at the yamaha dealer on north washington a while back. Closed face, open face, it's up to you.

M rating is for motorcycles, but some clubs allow them for hot lapping and driver school.

SA rating is cars for wheel to wheel racing like SCCA, RMVR, etc

Saturday September 5th will be the first tech day, info in above post. Get teched early then you won't have to pay an extra $10 and will also assure you of a spot to our track event.

Oh, man! This looks like a blast! I would SO go to this if my car was track-ready. :( Just a little more work and it should be good to go. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all at the next track day. Have fun!

P.S. Where the hell HAS grocery getter been lately?

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Oh, man! This looks like a blast! I would SO go to this if my car was track-ready. :( Just a little more work and it should be good to go. Hopefully I'll be able to join you all at the next track day. Have fun!

P.S. Where the hell HAS grocery getter been lately?

Sorry guys been away 2 weeks on biz then went to Lake Powell Utah on vaca for a week with 10 other buddies just got back and ready to hit the track! Lets rock!!!

i was trying to get that day off, and trying so hard to get the z done....but neither will happen....prox is rollin his z upside down now so he won't be makin it either. i don't see you on msn anymore.

Darrel that sounds like a cool way to pair people up, Squiden if you wanna ride with me you're welcome too. You too Grocery, am I right you haven't been to HPR yet?

Oh and what a small world Grocery, I just got back from a week at Lake Powell yesterday! We anchored at Slickrock, where we you guys? We'll have to swap some stories at the track!

See you guys then!

-Ross

Just a reminder on our tech days starting this saturday sept 5th.

We still have space for drivers at the track event on Saturday, September 12th at High Plains Raceway (sponsored by the Z Car Club of Colorado). If you have not yet signed up, please consider joining us for this fun day on the track. We have run groups for all levels of experience, including first-timers. Attached you will find a copy of the track registration form.

We have two pre-tech sessions scheduled at the home of Gary Bracken (2487 S. Dover Way, Lakewood, CO 80227, 303-969-9964) as follows:

Darrel that sounds like a cool way to pair people up, Squiden if you wanna ride with me you're welcome too. You too Grocery, am I right you haven't been to HPR yet?

Oh and what a small world Grocery, I just got back from a week at Lake Powell yesterday! We anchored at Slickrock, where we you guys? We'll have to swap some stories at the track!

See you guys then!

-Ross

Sweet...I'm going to see if I can make this Saturday's tech session...old man is in town so we'll see.

We were at the Escalante arm from Aug 22 to 26 and then moved to Iceberg canyon on the 26-27....crazy times! Give me a rings when you get a chance.

Darrel,

Any restrictions on car type? I would love to take my Jeep SRT8 or my convertible on the track. Also if we can take a SUV I know a couple more people that maybe interested. Thanks!

Just a reminder on our tech days starting this saturday sept 5th.

No restrictions. Just keep in mind we do want you to be able to drive your cars home after the event. ;-)

What kind of suv? Keep in mind most of those have a high center of gravity. And their tires really aren't made for high heat that you will come across driving the road course.

Make sure you have long cotton pants, long sleeve shirt(cotton), closed toed shoes.

No restrictions. Just keep in mind we do want you to be able to drive your cars home after the event. ;-)

What kind of suv? Keep in mind most of those have a high center of gravity. And their tires really aren't made for high heat that you will come across driving the road course.

Make sure you have long cotton pants, long sleeve shirt(cotton), closed toed shoes.

It's the Jeep SRT8 with the 6.1 hemi...it should be a sight to see on the track.

Here are some stats from Road and Track: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=4065&page_number=3

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj134/JaeandNoelle/Jeep%20SRT8/P3071540.jpg

bring it on. ;-)

I was at the z meeting tonight and Roy told me you had already contacted him. We have had PU trucks join us. Convertables are welcome too.

Just a note, the z club rents the track to have fun, we don't allow agressive driving. We don't care how fast or slow you are, only that we have a safe track event for everyone.

Archived