LegacyGT.com

I can't make up my mind!!

specialB

Here is a vid of the SPT and HKS. If I had to do it all over again, it would come down to these two because neither is too loud and both sound classy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_bRkas1xSU]YouTube - Legacy GT w/ SPT cat-back[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdED_vum1hU]YouTube - 07 Subaru Legacy GT; HKS Silent Hipower[/ame]

Duel fart cans FTL. I do like the sound though, just can't get past those grapefruit launchers. :(

Personally, I think Borla was the best sound. Nice clean rumble and sounds mean when you stomp on it.

None of that crackling backfiring ricey crap.

[ame=

]
[/ame]
"This is an adventure."

The SPT cans do not look like fart cans at at all. ;) I think the Borla sounds nice too, but I like it quieter than that. Prodrive cans sound pretty good on a stock car, but are too loud on a full open exhaust. I totally agree with you about not wanting ricey, loud, backfiring sound. Personally, the more I think about it, I would go with the SPT. I heard it in person and was so jealous that I did not get it in the first place. I have seriously considered scrapping my cobb dp, mid, y and stockers for the SPT, but dont want to invest another grand on top of what I already spent on my exhaust.

greddy EVOII

its got a deep rumble but its really not very loud. I have it on mine right now and I love it! Im stage I catted. you will find if you go catless any exhaust gets much louder so keep that in mind

here is one that def has catted DP

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_m6g87KOc0&feature=related]YouTube - Greddy EVO2 on a Legacy GT[/ame]

vs here is the same exhaust without cats in it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RshC1Uox4&feature=related]YouTube - Greddy EVO2 Catback Exhaust - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon[/ame]

spt and hks both sound perfect if you dont like the grapefruit shooter go with spt. cant go wrong with a subaru approved exhaust

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

^^ I don't know. I hated my cobb cans. They droned all day long. Highways especially used to drive me nuts. I like the sound of a classic sports car from the factory. If it were a track car, I could see where loud would not be an issue.

Another reason is; what I love most about my LGT is that it's a super sleeper. No one knows what the hell happend until it's over :lol:. With a loud exhuast, you lose that element of surprise.

honest question what bothers people about louder exhaust? I have yet to have any issues with a car being too loud. I cant even hear the exhaust usually with the radio on...

For a weekend car, nothing. It can project the wrong image for a daily driven car though; I'm just too old for that. If I look out of place wearing a suit standing next to my car, then the car's not the right one for me at this point in my life. I can't imagine giving a client or employer a ride in a car that looks/sounds like something from The Fast and the Furious.

I've got the SPT CBE and have been very happy with it. Installation of an Invidia catted DP made it a lot louder when on the gas -- Almost too loud. But either I'm adjusting or the DP is getting quieter -- I'm not really sure. Maybe a little bit of both. I'll be installing a Perrin ELH in the near future and I'm thinking that it may quiet down the exhaust even more as the sound should be less lumpy. If it's not I'll get a custom mid pipe built with a resonator in it.

I agree with a lot of the posts about having a sleeper/being able to take clients out for lunch. It's gotta be something classy and I can't have my clients think they are over paying me! LOL.

honest question what bothers people about louder exhaust? I have yet to have any issues with a car being too loud. I cant even hear the exhaust usually with the radio on...

For me it just sounds like you're trying too hard with a loud exhaust. When I had my '72 chevelle, I hated having to listen to all the ricers thinking they have a fast car because their exhaust was loud.

There comes a point when it's just not classy on a LGT. Rumble is one thing, but being loud just for the sake of sheer decibels is another.

"This is an adventure."

yeah im thankful the UEL headers give that burble which sets it apart from the rest of the rice out there. my greddy is pretty deep doesnt sound much like rice. ive had multiple people ask if it has an 8 cyl in it :lol:

btw there is a SPT CBE for sale in the classifieds, someone is parting out their car. might be a good time to jump on it

used is the way to go...

I got my greddy for 434 shipped. I am the 3rd owner of it but one was AZ the other DC so it had minimal salt time and was in great condition for a 700 dollar savings from new

Archived