LegacyGT.com

Meth vs 93

wsmith30132

I tried to find some comparisons of logs on a meth vs 93. I didnt really find anything so here is mine. It was a 80 degree day with 60% humidity. It was the same stretch of road about 45 min apart. I put about 3- 3rd gear pulls on the 93 map after the switch before the log. This is on a stock VF-40 with a TBE and some other goodies

Meth vs 93.csv

Looks to be pretty mild difference to your 93 log. Maybe 10wtq more. Can't tell on the whp because no g/sec log.

On my 2.0L WRX I was getting by with +6 degrees of timing at peak load on 50/50 meth/water over my very aggressive 93 map and 1.0-1.5:1 leaner AFRs on the same boost(24psi all the way to redline) for both maps.

This is the Fuel and timing differences of my 93 Pump gas Map VS my Meth map on my old 2.0L WRX. CAUTION: My load values are half of normal due to the 300g/sec work-around. I run the same boost on both maps.

MethTiming.gif.0ccbd11f310c2c731d5dc99e3a014e50.gif

MethFuel.gif.9b6d66e7e4f2ce5dcb1dd83ba02d4d75.gif

Your setup needs either a smaller restrictor pill or a 3-port BCS. You are basically running 90% WGDC for your entire meth log. Also the MRP you logged is capped at 18.43psi. But since you are switching to the vf52 I guess it really isn't a concern.

Archived