LegacyGT.com

Cusco Zero-2, F/R Swaybars, AVO Endlinks

SnoDork

As the title reads...i finally put my suspension in. The main players: Cusco Zero-2 Coilovers, Cusco Front and rear sway bars and AVO adjustable endlinks...

everything was put on this past saturday (03/12/05) at a buddy's house. Luckily he had a lift in his garage that took the car off the ground a good 3ft. it made the install a piece of cake!

the following sunday (03/13/05) we proceeded to dial in the suspension and finally corner weight the car...

My Buddy Paul (boostjunkie on the boards) joined in on the fun on sunday and got his car corner weighted too...it was fun doing the install....i loved my car prior to the install and now afterwards....I LOVE LOVE my car!!

I posted the pictures on my Yahoo account...

Enjoy...

Click Here for Pictures...

~Sucka-Duck~

SnoDork,

Looks great! Like the drop and the overall look. Nicely done.

BTW - are you going to make the SoCal fun run next month? Would love to look at your car up close and see how it does in the desert/mountain runs.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Subietonic: If the date firms up for the run (4/9&10) i think i can make that, the next weekend is kinda shot...but i'll try...should be lots of fun...

Ericb49: I gotta a deal on the parts one lump sump for the coilovers and sways, i'll let you know next time i see you...but i'll be in SCV in the beginning of april...gonna get hooked up by bart for some new rubber!!

~Sucka-Duck~

For the endlinks...durning the conrner weighting session the endlinks were loosened to the point where the adjusting nut had play in it to move freely in either direction. we did this so the swaybars posed no bearing or preload while we corner weighted the car...after the car was corner weighted the endlinks were tightend right to the point where they got snug and then the locking nuts were tightened down...keep in mind i have coilovers. for springs i'm not to sure...i think XenonK would be the guy to ask!...He's the Resident Tech guy here...

What up Keefe!

~Sucka-Duck~

For the endlinks...durning the conrner weighting session the endlinks were loosened to the point where the adjusting nut had play in it to move freely in either direction. we did this so the swaybars posed no bearing or preload while we corner weighted the car...after the car was corner weighted the endlinks were tightend right to the point where they got snug and then the locking nuts were tightened down...keep in mind i have coilovers. for springs i'm not to sure...i think XenonK would be the guy to ask!...He's the Resident Tech guy here...

What up Keefe!

Thanks .. and Keefe .. if your readin .. any advice??? :) Thanks!

Quick question, how did you go about adjusting the endlinks? I am going to be putting on Ion Sport springs this weekend and I am going to put the endlinks on at the same time. Thanks!

Shorten to make the swaybar stiffer, lengthen to soften. Typically, you dont have to loosen the sway bar parts for corner balancing (since the ground that the scales are on should be level anyways).

Just make sure you count off the turns per endlink to make sure they are the right length. Although it shouldnt matter too much because the endlinks and the bar will act as a whole from left fo right.. a 1mm difference of lengths isn't going to make that much of difference for the swaybar to be felt.

Keefe

PS. What Up Merv! Car looks good.. are they 2-way adjustable? I forgot if they were or not (ride height AND spring pre-load, like my Zeals? Or just spring preload?)

Keefe

NM, I see that they are ride height and spring-preload adjustable. Sweet stuff! What is the ride height recommended range setting for the Cuscos? Does yours come with camber plates? 16-level shock dampening adjustment?

Keefe

Keefe

Hey Keefe...2-way adjustable just like the zeals...main reason i went with them, slight differences...your construction is inverted for the fronts, mine isn't and i have 5 levels of dampning and i think yours are 6...other then that pretty similar.

SFGR415: i haven't taken final measurement yet, waiting for the suspension to settle in, but as of right now the wheel gap all around is 1.5"...as far as lowering it, i can more then DUMP the car with the stock tires if needed, but not my flavor...and also raise it back to Stock height+

~Sucka-Duck~

Hey Almond...how goes it! I'll ask about the lift, the best thing was he bought it used for $400!...that thing makes life way easier!! the Install took a little over two hours with me and my buddy Ian doning the suspension. The following day, Ian, Paul (aka boostjunkie) and i corner weighted FOUR cars in no time flat...
~Sucka-Duck~

awesome. i'm only waiting for the weather to stop thinking about snowing to put on the cool new wheels.

i'm only asking about the lift because 1. the picture looks like it's a normal house with a normal garage - meaning the concrete slab for most garages, at least nowadays, are a minimum of 6". to save cost and time, most builders just do the minimum. most permanent lifts need at least 8" of slab for the mounting bolts. i should correctly say that the "normal" style lift needs 8". (like you see in most shops). i'm not sure what the flooring requirement is for a scissors-type lift is though.

lifts are surprisingly not that expensive. i think long ago i priced a couple out and brand new it was about 2Gs. for something that saves time, your back, and lifts at most 5 tons - it's a pretty good investment.

nice to hear from you again...my buddy is a big autocrosser so he got then lift as a necessity! but all the way up, the car still cleared the garage door...and cleared the rafters witht the hood up!

speaking of SNOW...going to NH tonight for the rest of the week! why?!? ask my GF, oh and yeah her family lives there...haha

~Sucka-Duck~

from stock...its not much different, it's a bit stiffer, if you were on a normal paved road with the it's imperfections you wouldn't be able to tell, it's so FLAT in a hard turn it makes me grin just thinking about it...also the RE92's SUCK ARSE!...

the ride is a bit stiffer but you'd have to be told i changed the suspension to even notice...its nice, i was afraid it may be to stiff coming right from stock, but its not at all...its NICE...no where near bone jaring, daily driving is super comfortable, the steering is more responsive, overall i'm totally happy...

all in all, the ride comfort is great and the car handles like a dream!

~Sucka-Duck~

I just installed the Cusco 21mm rear bar. The bar puts my endlink at a serious angle, especially under compression. I'm concerned that this angle will put force on the frame mount in a front/rear direction, potentially causing the frame mount to weaken (or fail?).

Are you seeing similar angles (under compression) with your setup?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yukonm/album?.dir=cd50&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yukonm/my_photos

I just installed the Cusco 21mm rear bar. The bar puts my endlink at a serious angle, especially under compression. I'm concerned that this angle will put force on the frame mount in a front/rear direction, potentially causing the frame mount to weaken (or fail?).

Are you seeing similar angles (under compression) with your setup?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yukonm/album?.dir=cd50&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yukonm/my_photos

Turn that sway bar up more! It shouldnt be angled like that. You're very close of hitting the CV boot.

Keefe

Keefe

from stock...its not much different, it's a bit stiffer, if you were on a normal paved road with the it's imperfections you wouldn't be able to tell, it's so FLAT in a hard turn it makes me grin just thinking about it...also the RE92's SUCK ARSE!...

the ride is a bit stiffer but you'd have to be told i changed the suspension to even notice...its nice, i was afraid it may be to stiff coming right from stock, but its not at all...its NICE...no where near bone jaring, daily driving is super comfortable, the steering is more responsive, overall i'm totally happy...

all in all, the ride comfort is great and the car handles like a dream!

Cool. My only experience with suspension mods thus far has been with my 2000 Maxima (not a Subie owner...yet) and that only envolved replacing the struts with some admittly sub-par springs. Overall the ride demenor is WAY to stiff, but made the Maxy a handling beast ;). If I ever do suspension mods again, I have vowed to save up for the good stuff only. Thanks for the pics and mini-review!

Archived