LegacyGT.com

Less power when stomped on?

Jduke

Not sure how to explain this but did notice someone else mentioned it within another post but did not get any responce.

I notice when I gradually accel the power seems smoother and "all there" compared to when you accel fast or go WOT (wide open throttle) quickly the car seems to lag/bog a bit, has anyone elee noticed this? Do you think its just the drive-by-wire feature or what? Thanks for your time.

John D.

I noticed this too, but not only with the LGT, but with my previous WRX as well and that wasn't drive-by-wire....

maybe it has to do with the amount of fuel. accelerating slowly gives time for fuel and air to mix. accelerating too quickly and there isn't enough time to mix the fuel and air in relation to how quickly the gas pedal is pressed....just a guess :rolleyes:

It's the engine loads, timing vs. current boost situations.. the car can pump in a lot of fuel at any given time and fire off the cylinders at any time, but the air is always a factor (as you have to gather it or allow it to build up in order for the car to burn the fuel).. My WRX without the drive-by-wire didnt have as much of an issue.. the GT however is more conservative and it will weed out such inputs from the driver as "mistakes" and will try to keep the car in check with a smoother operation overall.

Keefe

Keefe

Ah I see... that all makes sense, and was what I figured but wanted to be sure. When I had my WRX and I stomped on it it didn't bog (other than turbo lag), but I had Cobb Ap so Im sure that took car of alot of it. Im sure that would solve the porblem with the GT as well... only I have made a resolution to keep the GT stock as long as possible (other than rims/tires).

Thanks.

John D.

Guest *Jedimaster*
the GT however is more conservative and it will weed out such inputs from the driver as "mistakes" and will try to keep the car in check with a smoother operation overall.

Keefe

Where is this information from?

Is it possible the ECU is still using the signal from the O2 when gradually accelerating but when you stomp on it it's reading the amount of fuel to add from the ECU table?? Usually the tables are designed to be rich. I don't know if this is how the ECU works on the LGT - on the turbo Dodges it worked this way....

Hmmm, I was wondering about this. I thought that this was more prevalent with autos. I have the manual and have often thought that I noticed lackluster performance when I stomped on the pedal. I am a notorious leadfoot in terms of mashing the pedal so next time I go for a spin Ill take it easy. Maybe itll be like a free AP :D

In the 5EAT, there is a little lag as it trys to figure out what gear to be in. In both the 5EAT and 5MT there is a little lag as it changes maps to a full power map. The two delays really add up in the 5EAT. Also, from a gradual accel. you're spining up the turbo faster than you think you would be, so it has less to go to get to full boost.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Archived