LegacyGT.com

HOLY SH*@!... $1,025 for 60K service!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a heads up, we at AZP Installs charge $375 for the 60k service including plugs using Amsoil Fully Synthetic Fluids for the Engine Oil, Diffys, Trans. ATE Superblue for the Brake Flush, Amsoil Extended Life Oil Filters. $20 additional for Subies with Air Pumps for the 60k due to the extra labor to remove the Air Pumps.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs

E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com

723 Fairfield Ave (Right Rear)

Kenilworth, NJ

"Race Tested, Enthusiast Approved!"

Hey there,

Just wanted to say: you are a haul away from me, but that's a pretty damn good price (IMHO) considering the service and fluids you are using.

I often pass by within 10 miles of Kenilsworth (driving up to New Haven connecticut in about 6 hours) and maybe I'll find a way to swing in sometime for a few hours.

Anytime you want, just look at our calendar http://AZPInstalls.com/calendar.html and if you see "App Booked (Stop In)" feel free to drop by and we'll probably be working on something interesting. At the least you can grab some Pizza with us (we usually order from a local place for the custys/guests whenever we have custys) and a Beer! :)

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs

E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com

723 Fairfield Ave (Right Rear)

Kenilworth, NJ

• 4 months later...
Just a heads up, we at AZP Installs charge $375 for the 60k service including plugs using Amsoil Fully Synthetic Fluids for the Engine Oil, Diffys, Trans. ATE Superblue for the Brake Flush, Amsoil Extended Life Oil Filters. $20 additional for Subies with Air Pumps for the 60k due to the extra labor to remove the Air Pumps.

Sorry for possible thread jack, but I'm in the planning stages of doing my 60K with a mechanic friend of mine and this is the first time I came across someone removing the '07+ airpump. Are you servicing and what is done to it or completly removing the unit? Thanks.

Removing what air pump? You should not have to remove them at all. None of my technicians have had to on ANY Subaru. Not sure what they are talking about.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Let's see. For my 60K, Becker Subaru, Allentown, PA charged 15.95/plug = $63.80 and $150 for labor. Total for the whole thing was arounf 630 before tax and that includes replacing the cabin air filter for $114.15 parts/labor and 12 oil drain plug gaskets at $29. So, around $500. I repalced all drive belts (not CAM belt), flush cooling system, replace air filter and spark plugs, all gear oils (trans. diff, and rear), brake fluid and cabin air filter. I don't think that's too bad.

Sorry for the confusion.

The reason that the Air Pump removal charge is there, is because in order to access the spark plugs (required on a 60k for Turbo Cars), we need to remove it. So rather than just bump up the prices on all 60ks by $20, we only charge those cars where we need to remove the air pump to access the plugs.

-mike

Let's see. For my 60K, Becker Subaru, Allentown, PA charged 15.95/plug = $63.80 and $150 for labor. Total for the whole thing was arounf 630 before tax and that includes replacing the cabin air filter for $114.15 parts/labor and 12 oil drain plug gaskets at $29. So, around $500. I repalced all drive belts (not CAM belt), flush cooling system, replace air filter and spark plugs, all gear oils (trans. diff, and rear), brake fluid and cabin air filter. I don't think that's too bad.

Not too bad, but what kind of fluid are they using? Are they using the Subaru Synthetic Extra S and/or Amsoil? Or are they using whatever generic motor and gear lubes are around?

The major portion of our costs are the Amsoil/Subaru fluids :(

-mike

We will be moving over from the Prestone Fluids to the Subaru Coolant fluids starting in about a month or so. (As soon as we finish using up the prestone we have in stock) and will be including the Subaru anti-headgasket additive as well.

-mike

Sorry for the confusion.

The reason that the Air Pump removal charge is there, is because in order to access the spark plugs (required on a 60k for Turbo Cars), we need to remove it. So rather than just bump up the prices on all 60ks by $20, we only charge those cars where we need to remove the air pump to access the plugs.

-mike

Why do you need to remove them? I have never seen any of my technicians having a need to remove them on turbocharged vehicle. You can disconnect the duct from the air pump and remove the bolts that attaches the duct to the valve cover(I think LH side) and raise the duct and now you have access to the coil. You do not need to remove the pump. Seems like extra work to me.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Wow! Well.....now I know what to expect in fourty thousand miles. :(

To be honest it isn't that bad. The 6 cylinders are more of a pain.

Not too bad, but what kind of fluid are they using? Are they using the Subaru Synthetic Extra S and/or Amsoil? Or are they using whatever generic motor and gear lubes are around?

The major portion of our costs are the Amsoil/Subaru fluids :(

-mike

Honesyly I don't know. I know they're not synthetic.

• 4 weeks later...

You can go amazon and look for plugs, $10 each for turbo, same NGK made in Japan and part number "SIL..." and find a good mechanic to get it done, dealer quoted me $350 for plug service... so $300 for labour???? How many hours they need to get the plugs out and put them back in. :confused::eek::confused:

Good thing I have a friend who is good mechanic :rolleyes:

You can go amazon and look for plugs, $10 each for turbo, same NGK made in Japan and part number "SIL..." and find a good mechanic to get it done, dealer quoted me $350 for plug service... so $300 for labour???? How many hours they need to get the plugs out and put them back in. :confused::eek::confused:

Good thing I have a friend who is good mechanic :rolleyes:

All Data labor time guide shows 3.0hrs for plugs. So at a hundred bucks an hour yes it's crazy.

2.0 hrs is plenty to do those if you have done them before.

Yeah the plugs aren't as easy as on a straight 4 or even some V6 motors. So it's not as simple as some people would like to make them out to be. 2hrs is not a bad estimate. We usually charge about $115 for plugs on the turbo cars installed. We include the plugs with our 60k service on turbo cars and 30k and 60k services for NA cars.

-mike

Yeah 2 hours isn't too bad. Good thing is all the 05+ Subaru's use a platinum plug so you only need to change them every 60k.

• 1 year later...

Only issue with their page is that all Turbos starting in 2011 require synthetics, so they should adjust the prices/table to reflect that.

-mike

http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/91072632.jpg http://www.pbase.com/paisan/image/133406601.jpg

AIM: AZP Installs | E-mail: paisan@azpinstalls.com | 725 Fairfield Ave | Kenilworth, NJ 07033 | T-1 Certified Amsoil Dealer

Archived