LegacyGT.com

Stance coilovers VS BC racing??

duckJAI

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AZP is here in Jersey with me...no real mountains near us and the streets are horrible year round, With all that said...I still love my BCs for the street..even in NJ. :)

Ahh...well that makes sense. If I had to live in the artic cold half the year with snow everywhere, i probably wouldnt want to even drive a car:)

We've had the BCs on custy cars and stances on some others. The Stances IMO are a notch above the BCs although we do not promote using coilovers on street driven cars unless you do a lot of tracking of your car. If you are such a good driver as to need coilovers, then you will want to go with KWs which are far superior to BC, Stance, Meagan, etc.

Again, there are very few drivers who NEED coilovers, unless you are going for bling/show factor, then just get the cheapest ones you can get because the quality doesn't matter at that point.

-mike

What are the main differences between Stance (GR+) VS BC that you've noticed?

Better rebound?

I looked into the KW V2s and then the Tarmacs, but I can't see spending $1800 on a set of coilovers.

• 3 months later...
I have the BC's on my Legacy Wagon:) Seriously, you can't go wrong with them. I would recommend getting stiff springs in the rear. I got 8K Front and 10K Rear and think the car is perfect with a touch of oversteer. If you want to stay safe, get 8K all around.

I have the BC's on my Legacy Wagon:) Seriously, you can't go wrong with them. I would recommend getting stiff springs in the rear. I got 8K Front and 10K Rear and think the car is perfect with a touch of oversteer. If you want to stay safe, get 8K all around.

you recommend the stiffer springs because of the added weight of the car? what are the regular spring rates of the bc?

i have the BC inverts. got'em from Josh. i would advise if you have the $ get the jdm lca as well. the ride quality improved once i switched the lca. i feel the stock lca couldn't keep up with coils. the jdm or specb lca r half the weight. a bump steer kit completes the geometry as well. i don't think i have 1 stock suspension piece on the car. if i can survive NYC roads, the BC's are more than fine for most as far as ride quality.

Archived