LegacyGT.com

Stance coilovers VS BC racing??

duckJAI

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You see...this is what I am talking about...you get one good review of BC, then someone comes in and says Stance is greater than BC. Why can't we get a comparison of the two? They are both about the same amount of money.

You see...this is what I am talking about...you get one good review of BC, then someone comes in and says Stance is greater than BC. Why can't we get a comparison of the two? They are both about the same amount of money.

That's what I'm saying...What are you currently running, Integroid?

Rehab is for quitters.

That's what I'm saying...What are you currently running, Integroid?

I have the Megan's on my car. I guess they are alright for a pure street setup, but I plan on tracking my car soon. So they will be for sal for super cheap once I figure out which way to go.

I took the plunge and ordered some BC's with 8K front and 10K rear since I have a wagon. I should have them next week and they will be installed over the holiday weekend. I have owned many Coil Overs in the past so hopefully I can write a positive review on these when they come in. Stay Tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, I finally put my my Stance gr+ on the car friday and then got an alignment. These things are nice. The ride is firm but not harsh, i havent had much time to play with the damper settings but I am overall quite happy with them. The only thing I dont like is the rears are adjusted all the way out (max height adjusment) and it is still slammed (like really really slammed- the top of the tire is not visible.) I might have to add more preload to the spring and see how that helps. the fronts have tons of adjusment where I could go higher but the rears do not.

Finally got my replacement springs today. Swaped springs out and will e putting them on this week when I can find the time. Might have to do rears one night and then the fronts another night. COnsturction looks to be A+ so far. I will write something up once I ahve them isntalled.

Ok, I finally put my my Stance gr+ on the car friday and then got an alignment. These things are nice. The ride is firm but not harsh, i havent had much time to play with the damper settings but I am overall quite happy with them. The only thing I dont like is the rears are adjusted all the way out (max height adjusment) and it is still slammed (like really really slammed- the top of the tire is not visible.) I might have to add more preload to the spring and see how that helps. the fronts have tons of adjusment where I could go higher but the rears do not.

There is definitely something wrong with the installation.

I would call Stance to troubleshoot the problem.

Ok, I was able to replace the front Megan's with the BC BR's (8K Springs up front) Took it for a quick spin around the block and I am VERY impressed with how they react to low speed bumps. If the rears feel like the fronts, this will be a no brainer purchase in my book. Going in for alignment and installing my RE01R's I have had since Jan on Thursday. Will report back after everything is installed and aligned.

We've had the BCs on custy cars and stances on some others. The Stances IMO are a notch above the BCs although we do not promote using coilovers on street driven cars unless you do a lot of tracking of your car. If you are such a good driver as to need coilovers, then you will want to go with KWs which are far superior to BC, Stance, Meagan, etc.

Again, there are very few drivers who NEED coilovers, unless you are going for bling/show factor, then just get the cheapest ones you can get because the quality doesn't matter at that point.

-mike

the nice part about the base model bc's is they now have rubber inserts to absorb the noise typical coilovers will make, so they make a nice daily driver. Some of our snow friendly drivers do like the ability to go back to stock height in that sort of weather, I cannot say i blame them :)

AZP, I cannot say I agree with you. I live in an area that has lots of Mtns near by and we do a lot of spirited driving through the Mtns. Also, I track my car and like the ability to adjust my ride height and camber when I decide to go to the Mtns or the track. Then have it at a nice level for daily driving. There is no way I would even consider springs/struts on any of my cars after my first set of coilovers in the early 90's. It just doesnt make sense to me to be stuck at a fixed ride height.

With that said, the BC's have been great so far compared to my other setups I have used. I will do a full write up in the next few days after I get my alignment and let them settle.

Archived