LegacyGT.com

Carrera GT, Carrera S, & LGT!!!!!!! PICS

First I would like to say that my car was in a minor accident ( not my fault) and the hood was damaged. Anyway, I was just hanging out at my local togue when this high pitched squeal comes barraling down the road. My first thought was Ferrari!! Boy was I mistaken. It was a Carrera GT and the driver was not playing. I thought for a second and came to a conclusion that this is a once in a lifetime opp. I ran to my car gunned and stormed off leaving a gang of bikers stunned. I ran the down hill like never before just trying to get a glimpse of the porsche again. I finally caught up with him at the very bottom of the section. He floored it and we raced off down a long straight to a stop. Off again, and I was treated to the sweet sound of ten cylinders firing in perfect unision. We ran for a while until we got caught behind a jetta that did not budge. He stopped at stop sign, and I thought he was going to turn off and go away, so I decide to pull up next to him and give the thumbs up that I sure he gets everytime he drives. To my suprise he rolls down the window and says "I'm just waiting for that car to go away". I ask him if he is going to continue to run and come back uphill. He replys "Yeah" So I politely ask if I can run behind him, "Sure." he says. Wow! Here's my chance to have some real fun Im thinking. The road we were on had two section on has reall low radius turns, and the other is a real windy 2nd gear run. To my suprise I actually hung with him through these turns ( I have pink springs and front and rear swaybars) On the way back a porsche CarreraS joins in on the fun. He obviously spotted the CarerraGT and thought the same as I did. Well the GT slows for some debree in the road and the S decides that he is going overtake me not knowing that I was just slowing because of the GT. Haha, not so fast buddy. So it the GT, the LGT, and a CS going balls out on the uphill, and I must say that I saw those CS light fade back on a couple exits. Well when we get to the top we all stop and the bikers are appluading and yelling as we arrive. The CS diver who was following jumps out his car and walks up to me with a big grin and points his finger and says "Not bad man. Not F*in bad. The guy with the GT was really cool and let me take pics. He said he was driving at about7/10ths because the road ws bumpy. I know the CS guy was hauling because you could smell the brakes cooking. Well that was it. I'm glad I decided to do it. It was probably a once in a lifetime oppurtunity, but maybe I will see that guy again. Well on to the proof. I'm getting my car fixed this week. Then its on two stage 2. Serriouslt though I would rather have some coilovers, brake upgrade, and a set of RA-1s

:):lol:

800.jpg.22264dc3921155e49fbe3ea7a87e3a77.jpg

IMG_0863.jpg.ac03e64f429d88abbc758d0f61a3101d.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg.af34c111ad87fbfd7721e74fa556f6ad.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg.3fd8103e004ce16b1b1db69698a360f7.jpg

IMG_0866.jpg.980be519ff531610e36ce68f45d22e13.jpg

OMG.... Drool!! The Carrera GT is my dream car.

Where was this at, by the way? Glendora mountain road?

I love your car by the way. The splats and the headlights and the wheels. They all match each other.

-ben

are those black housing headlights you've got there in your Legacy? Those look pretty good. What's the story on those?

edit: Ahh... I just saw the thread. Nice. One of these days I'll work up the courage to pull my headlights apart and do something like that.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Sorry about the format guys. To much adrenelene:) The porsche guys were pretty cool. The guy with the black Carerra was giving the legacy props out the wazooo. He especialy like the way I controlled the off throtle oversteer. He car was not stock etither. He had adjustable Bilstiens set at 9 & 5, a chip tune, and exhaust.

I think this has convenced me to forgo future power mods and buy some track time and diving school days. Going straight fast has nothing on a good late brake and a fast exit.

Awesome time, definatley never something to be expected again. Congrats on your amazing expierence with an amazing car. Also happy to see a Supercar actually being used.

Song of Post- The Doors- Five to One

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Yeah that guys was ubercool. He said he has ripped of the undertray once and had to replace the front end. There goes that resale value. ') Oh, and it has 4500 miles on it. My hero. He actually wanted to know where to find some better paved roads, so all yo So Cal guys be on the look out whenever you are in the canyons. For some strange reason I think I will see him again. Next time I will have video!

True Enthusiasts tend to be pretty tolerant and decent folk, to a point. It usually tends to be the ones who are more interested in image and reputation that are harder to deal with.

Great story, though, and I am a bit jealous of the weather and the roads, me being in flyover country (Iowa).

The GT is a great car. I wish the designer had done some sort of better transition between the roof panels, roll hoops, and engine cover, though. As your eye goes back, the car all of the sudden gets shorter...

BTW, whoever says Subaru doesn't have an eye on Porsche, despite the flat engine, and all that, is not seeing well enough to drive.

I think Suby "borrowed" the Carrera GT's wheel design for the Legacy GT. Smaller, and with bolts instead of red and blue right/left centerlock nuts, but the five spoke profile with the details in the spoke casting are almost a spot on copy.

I still think an everyday Suby sedan/wagon and a special occaision Porsche coupe/roadster sportscar would make great garage mates.

One word for you - paragraphs

I am going to go back and see if I can get through it again......without paragraphs, it's hard on the eyes and difficult to read.

Ditto.

I also often use double spaced lines between every couple sentences.

Much easier to read.

On topic again:

Was that up Angeles Crest towards Mount Wilson?

Love that run...and so do thousands of others, including just about

every auto magazine in this country.

Highly traveled for it's fun run up the hill.

Or were you at the Rock Store?

Dm, I'm from Houston. What area do you work? Lets jack that foo yo! We could get to Mexico in a couple minutes.

I work in the Memorial Area, right off of I-10 between Campbell and Bingle/Voss. 5 mins from Memorial City Mall. I agree - let's jack him! :lol:

Archived